Chakram | does anyone throw one?

My favorite targets are cross-cut tree stumps. I usually try and find a tree service cutting down a tree and ask if they can cut one out and set it aside for me. Those make great targets because the grain of the wood is towards you, just like a dart board. Things will stick in them no matter what angle they're at, and they aren't very bouncy, as they are pretty heavy.

Try and give it a lot of spin when you throw it. Give it a good flick as you release it.

My favorite targets are cross-cut tree stumps. I usually try and find a tree service cutting down a tree and ask if they can cut one out and set it aside for me. Those make great targets because the grain of the wood is towards you, just like a dart board. Things will stick in them no matter what angle they're at, and they aren't very bouncy, as they are pretty heavy.

Try and give it a lot of spin when you throw it. Give it a good flick as you release it.

Will do. It's been pouring rain since I tried it the first time. I'll make and adjustment with the amount of wrist I put in it and will see if that gives it more stick. You're right about the tree stumps. I'd love to get my hands on a few of them and mount them on some sort of frame. The right size one has eluded me so far.

You also advised having one made of high carbon steel, and now I see why. The edge is very thin on this one, and it makes it razor sharp, but it doesn't hold up well. A high carbon chakram would hold up better, and it will allow me to put a thicker edge on it while maintaining sharpness.

Thanks.

I too had problems getting it to stick at first. I had to alter my technique a bit and now I consistently stick it. I really don't know how to explain how I do it in a way that would be useful, though i do use more force and upper body movement similar to a baseball pitch where my back right foot comes off the ground as a counterbalance.

I too had problems getting it to stick at first. I had to alter my technique a bit and now I consistently stick it. I really don't know how to explain how I do it in a way that would be useful, though i do use more force and upper body movement similar to a baseball pitch where my back right foot comes off the ground as a counterbalance.

I know exactly what you mean -- good example. I'll give it a try. Right now, I'm afraid to mess with my technique too much because I've just gotten into a good distance groove with my heavy knives. I'll cement this down over the next few days and then will come back to the Chakram to play around with it some. If I do it now, I might send my knives into my neighbor's shed by accident! :)

Hey guys! I've been busy and haven't had a chance to get on here and post. Just to let you know, I've been playing with my Chakram, and I've been having a blast. Earlier this week, I had my wife toss fruit in front of my target board (a feat I've been working on with knvies), and I hit every piece of fruit from 12 feet. The chakram cuts the fruit pefectly, and then it sticks hard to the backboard! I can't think of anything more awesome! This will definitely be a major component in my act! I might be one of the first Chakram throwers to do a Chakram-only act!

Tonight, I had a very sore shoulder from having a shot of cortisone earlier in the day. My wife wanted to make lemonade, so we took four lemons, put a couple of bowls on the ground. She threw the lemons, and I cut them up with the Chakram! Best lemonade I've ever had!!!!

Back