Changes, looking for feedback

just wanted to point out that Youtube is cool, but from my perspective you're better off having fewer videos that are higher quality than lots of shitty videos, (like my Youtube channel)

another suggestion is to make as full use of your expertly designed (;)) logo as possible- simply using that for your avatars is completely free and propels your branding in the very place you rely on primarily to conduct your sales.

Another possibility is the email provider. Depending on the sending/receiving email providers, it could potentially wind up in the SPAM/Trash.

I don't know about anyone else, but aside from email accounts that I rarely use except for contact with a very select few, most other email accounts that I've had for a while get a ton of spam every single day. Not always practical to doublecheck every one before emptying the spam/trash folders.

I try not to open spam emails in the inbox. If I don't recognize the company or it just doesn't look right, I unsubscribe from it and delete it. I don't get much spam anymore. And after I check the spam folder to see if something good accidently got put into it, I delete them all.
How someone would not give Jo the benefit of the doubt is completely beyond me.

All three proposals are sound, especially ditching the Amazon idea. I’d much prefer any profit made on a knife sale to me go directly towards the maintenance of Nate’s shop and machinery (and nice things for Jo) as opposed to joy rides into space for Bezos. As mentioned previously, Amazon is becoming more and more associated with counterfeit goods from overseas. Almost as much as ebay.

That's why I rarely use ebay anymore except for saved sellers that I know I can count on, and got Amazon Prime. I've complained to them many times over the years with info and photos, and I never received a single email from them.

Just wanted to add on the Amazon front, why not both, that way you can control the exposure of the knives and control the amount of knives sold there and use it to expose your web store?

As a new cpk owner, I had to read a ton:

Figure what knife I wanted, figure how to order it, contact Jo to be sure of the procedure, search for prior sales to see the configurations, wait for a sale, get a spot, understand that you shouldn't type your order, just something to win the spot, send an email, wait for a response, pay and wait.

I feel that we could save a bunch of steps and increase the consumer satisfaction if we map the "as is", and contrast it with the "to be".

1). Sounds good, either a new channel or renaming the existing one. I’m not a big YouTube guy but obviously plenty of people are. One suggestion: I was really interested in the recent video on 3V and Kephart design but the cardboard cutting was so loud it made it unwatchable for me. I got 11 minutes in and gave up.

2). I am neutral on Amazon/CPK fulfillment but I thought a portion of the goal here was to remove CPK people from the fulfillment process (I.e., send a big box of knives to Amazon and let them deal with collecting payment, shipping, etc). Maybe an intermediate option would be picking one or two reputable dealers as distributors.

3). Yes a mailing list would be great, sign me up! There are times I’m not on the forums for various reasons and it would be nice to get updates on preorders, sale notifications etc.

4). If you are really leaning into social media (YouTube etc) maybe you would consider a more active presence on Facebook, both the official CPK page and the fan page.

just wanted to point out that Youtube is cool, but from my perspective you're better off having fewer videos that are higher quality than lots of shitty videos, (like my Youtube channel)

another suggestion is to make as full use of your expertly designed (;)) logo as possible- simply using that for your avatars is completely free and propels your branding in the very place you rely on primarily to conduct your sales.
yes please have a better YouTube channel than Lorien. 🤡🤡🤡
PLEASE for the love of God.

Just wanted to add on the Amazon front, why not both, that way you can control the exposure of the knives and control the amount of knives sold there and use it to expose your web store?

As a new cpk owner, I had to read a ton:

Figure what knife I wanted, figure how to order it, contact Jo to be sure of the procedure, search for prior sales to see the configurations, wait for a sale, get a spot, understand that you shouldn't type your order, just something to win the spot, send an email, wait for a response, pay and wait.

I feel that we could save a bunch of steps and increase the consumer satisfaction if we map the "as is", and contrast it with the "to be".
Oh, and I had to make an account here, not that there's anything wrong with that

I've been called way worse
We kid from love.

I may have been called a thing or two during my years in federal law enforcement. Not as a rule, but there's the occasional customer who is not completely satisfied with the service.

"No knives for you, two weeks!!!"

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, I've been called way worse stuff here on the forums... LOL!!!

We kid from love.

I may have been called a thing or two during my years in federal law enforcement. Not as a rule, but there's the occasional customer who is not completely satisfied with the service.

"No knives for you, two weeks!!!"
Absolutely! I wouldn’t speak ill of someone I hardly know. I wish I had half your knowledge on steel and machining. I’m still very green..

Back