Charlie Campagna SFO TC ***WINNER see my POST #95***

Luger1952

Gold Member
I was just recently on the receiving end of a GAW by netguy1999 (John) and wood like to reciprocate to the BF traditional community and give away a TC I have. The BF traditional community has been very good to me. The friends made, information/knowledge gained and interaction with others has been priceless and is worth more to me than ALL the knives I have. In that spirit I would like to do this.

The rules are simple: 1.) You have never owned a TC or do not presently have one. 2.) Please just provide a sentence or two about why you find the TC attractive/appealing and would like one. That's it! A winner will be picked by me randomly on December 30th and the TC will be sent out USPS priority mail on December 31st. All in time to start the New Year with a TC in your hands or pocket:thumbup:

As you can see this is a two blade sheep foot model with secondary pen blade. It has African Blackwood handles and comes with the tube. I got it a couple of years ago on the secondary market and although I am not the first owner it looks unused to me.

As you can see it is a 2013 model. These are hard to find but so darn nice one can understand why with the limited production and huge demand they do not show up for sale very often.

Anyway, good luck and Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all my friends on BF!!

Lloyd

Last edited:
I will play. Very nice GAW.

I have never owned a TC Barlow (or any GEC Barlow). GEC's Blackwood is fantastic ! Very hard to photograph how pretty this wood can be.
It is also some of the hardest wood used for knife scales. And I'm a sucker for a long pull on a sheepsfoot.

Thank you Lloyd and Merry Christmas

Wow! What a great way to keep giving it forward! I'll join in!

I have never owned a TC Barlow, but have been on the hunt for one for some time now. I find these Barlows, in particular the sheepsfoot & pen combination, to be the epitome of a gentleman's knife. Classic simple lines, with such an elegant bolster. All of this, combined with that long pull, makes a complete package not lacking in any regard. That African Blackwood looks amazing!

Thank you for the chance!

Last edited:
I have never owned a tc knife, and that Barlow would certainly be a good place to start.
I prefer clip point Barlow's, but would definitely choose a sheep's foot ( love sheep's foot blades ) over a swedged spear point blade.
Great looking knife, and generous giveaway 👍

I have never owned a TC, so I'm in! I love the Barlow with a sheepfoot, so I think this would be a very practical knife. Beyond that, I have always found the TC a very attractive knife, so this would be a knife I would be proud to carry.

Fantastic gesture Lloyd!!!

Not an entry my friend. Have a very Merry Christmas:thumbup::cool:

I have never owned one. I do have a few of Charlie's HJ knives, all in ebony!
Never had the $ to swing both, and the aftermarket went crazy!
Thanks for the opportunity!

Very generous giveaway, Lloyd!! The Porch and people like you just keeping getting better and better.

Not an entry please, just wanted to acknowledge your largesse.

Terrific gesture! This is one incredible community...errr...porch! Good luck to all who play. This isn't an entry.

Thanks gentlemen! The BF traditional forum stimulates this kind of spirit or mood. I have been enlarged by the many acts of kindness shown me. And what with the season it just seems appropriate to step up and follow the example of many before me. Thanks and keep them coming! Best, Lloyd

I have never owned a TC Barlow but have desired one since I first saw pictures of them but it has never worked out for me to obtain one.
I have a meager collection of approx. 30 Barlows but would not even consider having a complete set of current ones without a TC Barlow.
The African Blackwood handles on a knife just give it a very classy appearance especially when it has a longer Barlow Bolster.
Very generous of you to do a GAW like this LLOYD.

Harry

Very nice! Please count me in. I have never owned a TC Barlow, but have long thought about trying one. The main blade shape is very utilitarian and functional. The smaller secondary blade is perfect for easier tasks such as simple food cutting chores. I also think the clothes length is just about perfect. I found the 14 to be too small for my liking. Something like a back pocket is a bit on the large side. A 15 seems like a good compromise between a 14 and a back pocket without really giving anything up.

Awesome gaw, Loyd! I love the aesthetics of the TC as they remind me of old barlows that my father and grandfather used to carry. I also love that Charlie really puts his heart into this project and I believe that warmth is reflected in the beauty of this pattern. Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Last edited:
Really generous of you Luger1952. :thumbup:

I've never owned a TC Barlow. In fact I've kind of given up on acquiring one. When I was actively looking for one, it seemed like many vendors or Exchange members did not want to ship overseas. Either that, or they would just flat out be unavailable or absurdly priced - as well as collectors, there seems to be a cottage industry of people who vacuum up every last one solely for their resale value as a commodity.

Their attraction for me is threefold. The 15 frame, as most of us here know is a very comfortable, usable shape and size. The TC stamping reminds me of many happy childhood hours reading and rereading Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer; and that wistful nostalgia for the Bunny knives of my youth - when, providing you had a pocket knife, a bit of string, a good cat or dog, and a bike you were set up for adventure! :)

Thanks for the opportunity (and it goes without saying, if I win, I'll cover that extra shipping cost).

When I first saw the barlow pattern I have to admit, I thought it was ugly. Over the span of about a month it went from being bleh to being absolutely gorgeous in my eyes. I love the consistent rounded wide handle, the kind that fills my hand perfectly. I've been lusting after a TC or a 77 ever since I got into traditional, but spending upwards of $150-$220 is way past my price point, so i've only enjoyed them through pictures thus far.

Not an entry but I just wanted to thank you for your generosity Lloyd. Happy holidays everyone

I can't enter because of you Lloyd! :)

You sold me my first #15 TC - an antique yellow sheep (at a very fair price I might add) and I still love it. Thanks again!

This GAW further exemplifies what a great guy you are!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow!

I would like a chance.
I have never owned a TC barlow or a GEC of any kind.

Ever since they first came out my interest in barlow has piqued but nothing else really hit the spot.
That sheepsfoot main with pen secondary is my perfect setup. Awesome knife for sure!

Thank you so much for the offer and good luck to everyone.

Lloyd you are very generous my friend of all the knives I own and have ever owned a TC Barlow is one that has always evaded me. The combination of sheepsfoot/pen is fantastic. I love the etched bolsters just gorgeous knives that with the fact that a Barlow is my favorite pattern is just icing on the cake. Thanks so much for the opportunity.

Back