Charlie Campagna SFO TC ***WINNER see my POST #95***

Outstanding generosity Lloyd!!

Not an entry as I do own one. In fact one just like it that was gifted by an outstanding member here, you know who you are, Paul:D

Chris

I would like to be in.

I am new to the knife game and know almost (ok, truly absolutely) nothing about TCs. I would really like to learn and this looks like a great place to start.

Thanks for the generous opportunity.

I'm in. I've owned a fair share of GEC products but not one of the TC Barlows like this one. Just a classic look about them. Love to see first hand why everyone is willing to pay so much for one. Are they really that good? Thanks for the chance and Merry Christmas!

I'm in! I've never owned a TC. The TC barlow has always intrigued me, but I've just decided to stay out of the rat race.
I've been pocketing this 15 all week. It's such a wonderful knife, and the addition of a pen blade would make it even better.
oDpUxfT.jpg

This is an incredibly generous gaw, and thanks for the chance!

A Tom's choice Barlow is a grail. What a very generous give away. May your generosity come back upon you tenfold. Sheepsfoot and pen is the perfect combination.

I don't own a single Barlow, but admittedly have drooled over the TCs. On a road trip we recently we listened to Tom Sawyer. My son is an avid reader, and had already read the book. It was fun to listen to it in the car and talk about it over meals.

We talked about Barlows and how the large bolsters were designed for heavy use. I've already decided I'm gonna buy one. My son and I share a collection of knives, I let him carry any one that he is interested in. I would love to add that beautiful Barlow to the mix.

Last edited:
I'm in. I love this blade combo, one of the more useful ones out there. A long pull and swedge on a sheep foot look just right, and the pen can be so helpful in small places, or for small tasks. The Blackwood is amazing in its depth and I imagine chatoyance. I've never owned one of Charlie's Barlows, and barring a situation like this probably won't be able to do so. So,
Thanks, Neal

Oh my... what a gorgeous piece of cutlery and such a kind gesture.

I have never owned a TC, but I'm hoping that 2017 will be the year I do so. My new years resolution is to slow up on buying guns I don't get to shoot often enough and double down on buying both traditionals as well as Nepali khukuris;)

What I like about this Barlow is two things: First of all, the sheep foot blade may be the most practical blade shape for day to day carry. There is something about a blade that revolves around day to day cutting.

The other thing about the pattern I enjoy is that reminds me of a knife I had as a kid. I snapped up an old Craftsman Barlow a couple of years ago, and it may be the most honest work knife I have ever owned. It's probably seen half a century of hard use, but the old gal still seems to have some pep in her step as she walks and talks with purpose.

Whoever wins this one will be receiving a fine EDC companion indeed.

Lloyd,

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:!

Phil

Really very generous and thoughtful giveaway. :thumbup::thumbup:

Not an entry... wish it was as I don't have a sheepsfoot TC and that one is a beauty!

Wow! What an awesome chance! I'm in!

I have never owned a TC, TCs are definitely a grail in my book. I love looking at the Barlow thread here on the porch. I also love drooling over the ones for sale here too. In the past when they were listed for reservations I wasn't able to grab one due to how fast they go while I'm at work (LE). It would just fit into my small GEC collection nicely too! It definitely would not be sold and it would be something I would cherish.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have never owned a TC and current don't own a Barlow, but I have been wanting on and expect that your TC is one of the best. I would be honored to own it if picked.

First off that's very kind and generous to offer this to us folks who've never owned one so Thank you !
I've always wanted one but never have in the few years I've been admiring and enjoying the traditional style knives . Looks like they would be very practical and useful as much as they are beautiful and would be honored to own one 😊

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lloyd, extremely generous of you sir. Well done. :thumbup::thumbup: Not an entry.

I'm in. What a gorgeous knife !

I ,like many here , have all but given up getting one ! Thank you for the chance . It will be loved and carried !

2 Panther

This is a incredibly generous giveaway of a absolutely gorgeous knife. I do not own a TC Barlow, let alone any GEC for that matter. I am working on it though...

I have found that one of the most aesthetically pleasing combinations to me is ebony or Blackwood paired with steel bolsters and hardware. This knife absolutely nails that combination. I have been eyeballing the sheepsfoot blade a lot as of late and aside from it being attractive, it appears to be rather utilitarian as well. Though I have favored specific aesthetics, I am taking the advice of other forum members and expanding my horizons, not limiting myself.

Thank you so much for your generosity and the opportunity. Best of luck to everyone and Merry Christmas!

Superb knife and a very generous gaw.
Not an entry .
Good luck to all.

Wow- Go Lloyd!!
Now THAT my friend is a real beauty - One of the best!

I dont own any TC's and would love to........ Ok.... I wont try that one, but can I say Thank you SO SO Much Lloyd - a MOST generous thing to do for the non -TC group....awesome in fact!

Not an entry, but a congratulation, Lloyd, on a great and generous idea for a GA!!

Back