Charlie Campagna

Charlie's not too fond of the Camera, but here is a memory from my first rendezvous
5PPlSjF.jpg

And true to form, Charlie preferred not to be in the shot, but here is the proud papa holding the first one off the line, that bladeforums barlow. Bill had walked away to let us admire it.

GK7RmiP.jpg

get well soon my friend, hopefully a bit of rest and physical therapy will set you right as rain. Modern medicine's treatments for strokes have come a long way! thanks for the continued updates wlfryjr wlfryjr and @gunstockjack.

Everyone, I just talked with Charlie's daughter Melissa about his condition. He has had a stroke and it has affected his left side motor function and also his thinking somewhat. He cannot drive and will need months of physical therapy, but odds of a relatively full recovery are good. I'm still in shock myself, and information is sketchy as medical tests are underway, but I'm hopeful that he will make a full recovery with the help of therapy and care. Meanwhile, Melissa will be helping with his knife business until he is well enough to handle things on his own, and she was kind enough to permit me to give this short explanation of his condition to all of his great friends and supporters here on "the porch".

Get well soon Charlie! We miss you!!!!

yuRtzkc.jpg
Thank you for the update and the good news. I'm sure there will be more to come just as I'm sure that his family will continue to stay strong.
As others have said, smoke and prayers Charlie.
OG
TC_Ancient_1024_A.jpg

I really hate to hear this news about such an outstanding member of our community here. Thank you for letting us know, Lyle, and thanks to you and Barry for the updates. I hope Charlie has a quick and full recovery.

I'll be carrying a TC Barlow tomorrow. Get well soon Charlie :thumbsup:

View attachment 1119727

I’ll carry one of Charlie’s knives tomorrow, too. :thumbsup:

Shocked and saddened by the initial news like the rest of the porch. Praying for a full and speedy recovery to Charlie and family. Such an amazing person, sense of humor, contributor, and of course a wealth of knowledge for all of us.
Thank you for the update Barry and Melissa, and thanks to Lyle for letting everyone know.

I just now saw this and like everyone my heart sank. I've never met Charlie or had any direct interaction and yet that matters not -- anyone who has spent more than ten minutes here knows Charlie is awesome. Thank you for the updates and we will pray for Charlie and family often. May God bless you with a full and speedy recovery, Charlie, and bless your family with the peace that can only come through Him.

Back