cheap knife to buy under 15$?

i want to buy a new knife. budget is around 15$. knife should be tactical type or hunting type. fixed blade, folding blade, both will do. suggest me a good knife? it'd be great if you post amazon link of the knife:) thanks in advance.
my first post :):)
PS- knife should be fancy/cool looking:p

Probably your best bet is a Schrade LB5 Uncle Henry. Its a Buck 110 clone so its a classic hunting pattern and costs $19. Its a little more than your budget but your options are pretty limited. Cant post a link to the big river site, its against forum rules. A couple other choices are a Svord Peasant or an Opinel

I can't really think of anything that fits those requirements.

Svörd peasants, Opinels, and Moras can be had for that price and less, but don't look fancy or tactical at all. They do however cut like gangbusters :).

Maybe there are some cheapo knockoffs that are cool looking and cheap? I wouldn't personally recommend that myself, as I rather support those that designed it, and know what I should be getting in terms of quality.

Good luck on your search :).

Fixed Blade - Mora Heavy Duty or Cold Steel Finn Bear $12-$15

[Removed]

Folder - If you have to stay under $15, get a Kershaw Crown. It looks like a "fancy" $50 knife and has great quality feel for the money. This is my go to gift knife for friends and family (who are not knife junkies but appreciate a decent blade).

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Innnnndeeed.

Check out Kershaws imports. Freefall, lifter, starter, manifold, chill etc. One of these is bound to do it for you for not too much more than $15.00.

Or, the Byrd line from Spyderco, those can be found on sale for a tad more than $15.00.

Fixed Blade - Mora Heavy Duty or Cold Steel Finn Bear $12-$15

[Removed]

Folder - If you have to stay under $15, get a Kershaw Crown. It looks like a "fancy" $50 knife and has great quality feel for the money. This is my go to gift knife for friends and family (who are not knife junkies but appreciate a decent blade).

[Removed]

+1 on the Kershaw Crown. It's an extremely solid knife with decent materials for the price

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the Kershaw Crown. It's an extremely solid knife with decent materials for the price

I bought four of those when the Big Blue W had them for $10 each. I had to look at them carefully in the blister packs but found some that locked up well. I passed them out as Christmas gifts and the recipients were delighted. I kept one for myself, and didn't like the sharper, blocky edges of the handles.

I few minutes with a small piece of 220gr sandpaper and a patience and that knife turned out really well. With the rounded corners it feels like a lot more expensive knife in the hand.

Robert

Keep an eye on the For Sale forum. You can sometimes find used knives in your price range that cost much more when new.

I saw a Kershaw Freefall for around 17 bucks.

There's also the Kershaw Starter, Lifter or Manifold. Granted, these are all import knives and won't offer the best in steels, fit and finish, etc. They should still do their job well, and Kershaw has awesome customer service.

i want to buy a new knife. budget is around 15$. knife should be tactical type or hunting type. fixed blade, folding blade, both will do. suggest me a good knife? it'd be great if you post amazon link of the knife:) thanks in advance.
my first post :):)
PS- knife should be fancy/cool looking:p

Save your money kido. And we cant post big south American river links here.

Save your money kido.

+1

But... if that's really all you want or can afford to spend, and you really just want something tacticool to thrash on...

This may be a job for M-Tech!

Just remember, when you pay $15 for a knife, your getting a $15 knife. If it exceeds your expectations, that's all gravy, but there's no super-secret awesome knife out there (that I know of) that should be $100 but they sell it for $15 and make it up on volume, lol.

Not bashing on cheap knives though, I have quite a few, you should just be realistic about what you're getting for the $$$.

I'm a big fan of the SRM 710 at/around that price range. I wouldn't exactly call it "tactical" but it's a great value nonetheless.

Of course, I'd rather have an Opinel or a Victorinox Recruit, but... the heart wants what it wants.

If you just save up a little more to the $20 to $25 range, Cold Steel has some "cool" looking tactical knives that you could choose from on Amazon.

Have a look at a Schrade 304m.
Lovely action and is genuinely one of the sharpest things I own (and I have plenty of exotic-steel knives). Mine cost £12 here in England and I imagine they're a fair bit cheaper over there in 'Murica.
Its big brother the 304 might be worth a pop too.

Back