1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Check Your Six - Custom hand-checkering and wood scales

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by oharal, May 27, 2013.

1. Greenjeans68

Greenjeans68

Jun 10, 2013
    That looks great man!

2. oharal

oharal

Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks so much!

3. dman1018

dman1018

Aug 4, 2011
    would you do scales in Smooth Desert Ironwood Burl on a BRKT? and what would be your turn around time?
    Thank You,
    pic.attch.

BTW- Beautiful Work!!

$(KGrHqF,!lcFI3PBzugsBSTLsnP4K!~~60_57.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  4. oharal

oharal

Jan 21, 2013
    Good news and bad news! Good news is I have struck a deal to make a run of 10 ZT 0550 scales in 5 different species of wood for an online knife vendor that is not a BF sponsor. If you would like to know which vendor please contact me privately since I can't post who it is. The bad news is individual pimp jobs are unavailable during this project! I hope to have them done before Christmas time. Thank you!

5. oharal

oharal

Jan 21, 2013
    It seems I was mistaken. The vendor that will carry my 0550 scales is a BF sponsor so I am happy to reveal that vendor is USAmadeblade.com!

6. Haiduke

Haiduke

Jan 4, 2014
    Hi! If you start doing scales again I'm interested in a set for a Skyline... Thanks!

7. oharal

oharal

Jan 21, 2013
    Haiduke, thanks for your interest in my work! Right now I'm taking a short hiatus from knife pimping to try my hand at knifemaking. Once I get a prototype of my design done I will probably be able to take an order or two for modifications. Maybe in a month or so?

8. Haiduke

Haiduke

Jan 4, 2014
    Thanks for the response! I'm new to Blade Forums so I've got lots of "shiny" to look at. No worries - if/when you start up again we can talk... :)