1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Chef SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by G L Drew, Feb 6, 2021.

1. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    I usually make my chef knives from 1/8 inch stock but some like a knife a little beefier so this one is from 3/16 inch 1095 high carbon steel
    I heat treat in a digitally controlled oven to create a fine grain structure at Rc 58-60
    Flat grind with a slight convex grind
    Professionally stabilized maple burl handle. Please note the small worm holes that have been filled
    Overall length: 13 inches
    Blade: 8 inches
    Some things I have learned while making kitchen knives for the past 25+ years:
    1. Round the top of the blade because some people like to choke up over the handle
    2. I use a steel that stays sharp and is easy to bring back with a few swipes of a sharpening steel. (1095 will rust and develop a patina with use but if it is dried after washing and even a few drops of cooking oil will keep it rust free.)
    3. Make the handle as comfortable as possible with contours and a palm swell

SOLD which includes shipping within the US and PayPal fees. My PayPal and email address is [email protected]

[​IMG]IMG_6397 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6396 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6394 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6393 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6392 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Branson1369, mpm0097 and Readyeseve like this.
  2. Bulldog18

Bulldog18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2008
    I will take it brother! Payment sent!

bigsurbob likes this.
  3. Bulldog18

Jan 11, 2008
    Beautiful work Gerald!!

4. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    Got your PayPal, Bulldog, I will get your knife out in tomorrow's mail.
    Thank you!

Bulldog18 likes this.
  5. Bulldog18

Jan 11, 2008
    Great! This is my very first custom Chef knife! Can’t wait! Thank you sir!!