Photos Choppers

Dare I? Yup, I dareth.

"Get to dah Choppah!"
Gtdaoyl.png

;):D

A cheap old rusty chopper. Not one of my favourites, to be honest, but I thought it deserves to be posted here: it has chopped a lot of tall grass, vines and even wood. Its tip is slightly bent and it is covered with rust speckles, but I 1) am too lazy to maintain it, 2) don't give much :poop: about it anymore :D

rFnt671.png

It's been with me for 40 years and regularly punched above its weight. In my gear it quickly replaced an 18-inch machete AND a 6-inch belt knife. It's partner was either a Swiss Army Tinker or a first-generation Gerber Multi-Plier.

View attachment 2531396View attachment 2531395

Looks good for its age, dontcha think? ;)
What is that model there? I can't make it out? I thought I asked but can't find it!!

What is that model there? I can't make it out? I thought I asked but can't find it!!
It is a Sargent reproduction of a Blackjack Marauder. The only blade marking is a Bulldog in a US helment with the term "Sargent". There is no model number, and it's from the 1980's, so there's not much hope of tracking one down.
Bush Knife Logo.jpg

With that said, there are a LOT of similar implements, most of the US ones (Blackjack, Pacific Cutlery/Benchmade) being rather pricey now. You can still find Chinese reproductions, from time to time, on eBay and such.

Schrade had a couple of similar knives but, to make them look "cool", they cut weight-lessening slots right out near the tip, thereby removing extra weight from where it was actually needed.

Last edited:
Back