Chris Reeve Knives Logo and what not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not crazy about the font. Wish it was somewhere less conspicuous - maybe inside the scale? Rather it wasn't there at all. But far from a deal breaker.

I thought the same, why not place it inside the scale where it wouldn't be as noticeable, but I guess we really don't know what prompted it's appearance in the first place, so, we're all just a guessin' away ;) But I agree, not a deal breaker, if it were on the other outside scale, I'm sure we'd hear a lot more folks up in arms...well arms without Idaho Made written on them :)
G2

"keep it simple" has worked well for many years.
Please don't tell me some of you buy his knives, and don't just hold 'em to look at them simply to admire them.
They are artwork, and the IM doesn't add to the aesthetics, rather it is distracting.
Just my opinion.
Now, if there were a story to go with it, that may be different...
???

I have no qualms about CRK wanting to put Idaho made on the handle of the knife BUT I just think the way it was designed and executed is lacking.

Never bought a classic Seb because of the "Classic XX" stamp. Took away from overall simplicity. But in those days there was a viable alternative with the Regular. Not so these days. Thus, I keep telling myself: If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Have always felt that the proper place for a "Made IN Idaho" is on the inside of the scales with the production period stamp.

Someone mentioned that the first thing they thought of when they saw Idaho Made on a CRK knife was the potato. Well for me it was the fact Idaho is a right to work state. My understanding of right to work is somewhat like South Africa during apartheid. Apartheid (lit. "aparthood") (pronounced [uh-pahrt-heyt, [uh-pahrt-hahyt], əˈpɑrtheɪt, -haɪt) is an Afrikaans[1] word for a system of racial segregation enforced through legislation by the National Party governments, who were the ruling party from 1948 to 1994, of South Africa, under which the rights of the majority black inhabitants of South Africa were curtailed and white supremacy and Afrikaner minority rule was maintained.

You thought of all that because you saw "idaho made" on a knife? And, after you thought of that, you decided that comparing the state of Idaho's "right to work" law to Apartheid was a logical jump and a reason for signing up to bladeforums. I say that is one of the more interesting first posts I have seen in a while.
Oh, and welcome to the forums:)

Last edited:
wow, didn't see that one coming...

Welcome to the forums btw...
G2

You seem to know a lot about history and you certainly can conceptualize so tell me where do trolls come from?

Someone mentioned that the first thing they thought of when they saw Idaho Made on a CRK knife was the potato. Well for me it was the fact Idaho is a right to work state. My understanding of right to work is somewhat like South Africa during apartheid. Apartheid (lit. "aparthood") (pronounced [uh-pahrt-heyt, [uh-pahrt-hahyt], əˈpɑrtheɪt, -haɪt) is an Afrikaans[1] word for a system of racial segregation enforced through legislation by the National Party governments, who were the ruling party from 1948 to 1994, of South Africa, under which the rights of the majority black inhabitants of South Africa were curtailed and white supremacy and Afrikaner minority rule was maintained.

It's straight from WikiPedia, but it's strange to make that connection for sure, New York has an Employment at will, which means my company can fire me without any reason, but, that seems off track for this thread.
G2

Thanks, didn't see that other thread, saw one but I think it was locked so couldn't add to that.

One thing about engraving, YEARS from now, you'll still be able to make out what was there, unlike etching which doesn't last the sands of time.

Spyderco, which I also love too!, go as far as saying what planet it's from, now, that's agressive marketing ;)
G2

I don't like the "Idaho made" stamp myself, but it's not enough to impact my liking of the knife. The Spyderco thing I totally love. The "earth" thing really cracks me up :)

I don't like the "Idaho made" stamp myself, but it's not enough to impact my liking of the knife. The Spyderco thing I totally love. The "earth" thing really cracks me up :)

At least Spyderco's "Earth" stamp / etching shows a bit more imagination and is obviously tongue in cheek. "Idaho Made" has nothing going for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back