Christmas 2019

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fishiker, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Jul 16, 2007
    Yeah, that's the one. Glad you like it! I still have another 30 or so JKs in the collection.;):D

2. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Good to know I didn't hurt your stockpile too much :). I seem to be rapidly trending that way as well.

Rob Babcock and Ogilthorpe like this.
  3. ty_higg

ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Gonna post some photos of what I got tomorrow, my SS really hit it out of the park!

cbach8tw and Rob Babcock like this.
  4. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I shall ship my gift out tomorrow:);):cool::thumbsup:

fishiker and woodysone like this.
  5. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I was hoping you would like the few things I put in there. This Christmas exchange has been fun.:thumbsup: Once everyone gets theirs, post some pics if you could not resist opening them before Christmas. And afterwards too. :D I received some nice things in my treasure chest...just my words for it. Now I should get some pics up.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Rob Babcock likes this.
  6. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    bikerector likes this.
  7. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    I guess I’m on Santa’s bad list, turned out great last year though and I was on the top of that list.;):)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Simplejack and fishiker like this.
  8. macbeth33

macbeth33 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Just checked on package for 1066vik. Should receive today it is Out for Delivery.

fishiker, Simplejack and woodysone like this.
  9. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    the postlady opted to not leave it on my porch, so I have to drive 10 miles the wrong direction to pick it up on the way to work Monday. :(
    looking forward to it, though!

woodysone and fishiker like this.
  10. ty_higg

ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Here’s a photo finally of what my secret Santa got me. I got a wolf creek forge small lil fixed blade, an older case I’m still trying to find the year of, a handy little flashlight that’s gonna go in my toolbox, the total outdoorsman manual, and a silver dollar as the tradition of gifting a knife. You definitely hit it out of the park @cbach8tw! I also gave the case some TLC and I’ll post some better pictures in the light today.
    690948C5-E206-4AB6-8D69-364E4A243DA2.jpeg

11. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    That’s a good book, I’ve had mine for several years now.

woodysone likes this.
  12. ty_higg

ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    I’m very happy to get this book again my first copy got destroyed in a move and I never got around to replacing it.

fishiker likes this.
  13. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Hey, so that worked out well. I think the Case knife is from the 80s, not sure, but the flashlight also has a magnetic base on it so to can attach it to the hood of the car, etc.

fishiker and ty_higg like this.
  14. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
  15. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Same as last year, saving the best for last.

bikerector likes this.
  16. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    SWMBO picked up the box for me while I was at work today.
    I'm pretty happy -- apparently Macbeth33 is either a REALLY good guesser, or is better at research than I expected anyone to be, because I've regretted missing out on the 2011 traditional forum knife since I discovered it about 4 days too late to get in on the order.
    [​IMG]
    the rest of the package is a stripped and polished BK16 (one of the best factory GP outdoor/camping knives on the market IMHO) with an Azwelke kydex sheath and multi-position beltloop, a techlock, a recycled firehose smallet, a handy looking multi-pocket pouch, and some chemlight/glowsticks.
    all of this came wrapped in a nice holiday bag with an actual Christmas card!

greatly appreciated!
    thanks and may the holidays treat you and yours well!

17. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Emails indicate that the final gift will be in the mail today. Thanks again to John and everyone here for making this happen again.
    Many of you will be traveling and or have family traveling during the holidays. I hope everyone stays safe.
    I believe it's good to slow down during the hustle and bustle and think about the true meaning of this special occasion. Merry Christmas from my family to each of you and your families.

cbach8tw, JK Knives and bikerector like this.
  18. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    @1066vik I've had one of those Recycled Firefighter wallets for, gosh, 4 or 5 years now. Best wallet I've ever had. Changed my life moving to a front pocket wallet. It might not be as pretty as a fine leather wallet, but it's damn near indestructible and for a good cause.

1066vik and fishiker like this.
  19. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm familiar with the material - and some of the products, but this is the first piece I've owned.
    never fear - it'll get used!

Wurrwulf likes this.
  20. ty_higg

ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    fishiker likes this.