Christmas In July SURPRISE!!!! . . . Unseen Prototypes Will Be In Some Of The Grab Bags!!!!!

I was one of the lucky ones to get a Proto, and all I can say isā€¦

Bravo, Dan!! I sincerely hope it makes itā€™s way to production, because Iā€™m not letting go of this one! It is every bit as mean as it looks. Until an official name is released, Iā€™m calling it the Shipyard Proto because the shape kinda reminds me of the Viking Warship, and itā€™s from the Yard. Approximate dimensions are 11.5ā€ OAL, 6.75ā€ Blade Length, Maximum Width 1.5ā€, with a Thickness of 3/16ā€. The balance point is right where the Res-C and metal meet. To the point where itā€™s kind of a chore to balance it on a finger. As a result, it feels extremely light and fast in hand. Seriously, you guys are going to love it. Personally, I would really, Really, and I mean REALLY like to see an even longer version. It might not be as marvelously balanced in hand as the Proto (it truly is magnificent), but I can only image how terrifying a blade heavy, longer version would beā€¦.

Ng6sS5A.jpg

3KZ9c9b.jpg

LSA85Cl.jpg

Last edited:
SYKO Proto:

Specs:
Blade Length: Approx. 8"
Blade Width At Center Of Blade: Approx. 1.25"
Overall Length: Approx. 13.125"
Thickness: Approx. 3/16"
Steel: SR-101
Handle Material: Resiprene C
Weight: Approx. 12.3 oz.

gA2nAhY.jpg

I cut a few limes for a drink and rubbed them all over the blade. Started a nice patina.

Last edited:
SYKO Proto:

Specs:
Thickness: Approx. 3/8"

gA2nAhY.jpg

I cut a few limes for a drink and rubbed them all over the blade. Started a nice patina.
This is my favourite of all the Proto I've seen so far congrats. I'd even prefer it without the ridge on the spine maybe just straight until the drop.

SYKO Proto:

Specs:
Thickness: Approx. 3/8"

gA2nAhY.jpg

3/8"?!?!?!

very cool

Back