Clan of the Copperlock & Mini Copperlock

I've had that same thing happen to a couple of back locks, and it even happened to a mini-Grip that my sister used to carry. A toothpick and a shot of air and everything was back to normal. I always check the lockup on any folder I buy by putting just enough pressure on the end of the blade to close it if it was a slipjoint. If it stays locked, I figure it's good-to-go.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this threat.
Some how I was under the impression that the full size Copperlock was significantly smaller than the Case Trapper.
I guess I'm thinking it was a single blade canoe with a lock.

I am so glad to learn it is a larger knife and will be getting one soon ! ! ! !
The Case Trapper is one of my all time faves for how it feels in my hand so the Copperlock has great potential for me being of the same size handle and blade.

I just bought a Tribal Lock in antique peach seed jigged bone and have EDC'd it now for a couple of weeks.
Good stuff. I did have to tune the lock bar where the thumb release passes the spacer between the liners. It started to catch on the spacer after a week of use. The blade would then not be drawn in and held firmly closed by the spring on the blade tang when folded because the spring was stopped before it could swing all the way out at the thumb cut out.

A little filing. Works sweet now.
Any similar stuff I need to know about for the Copperlock ?

Which one is available with CV ? I just was looking at the selection and didn't see a single one.
If I had my drothers it would be a dark blue bone one but I know that isn't going to happen.
SS here I come . . . if I have to . . . I guess.

The only one I've found in CV is the red jigged bone. Mine arrived three days ago. It's a keeper...

l4dXsis.jpg

Just noticed that this yellow synthetic was available in CV. Grabbed it right away as I was hoping for just this knife combo to be offered in carbon. Took pictures upon unpacking as it is going straight in the pocket and it will start earning a living. This is an excellent copy.

got the same yellow mini last week.wanted a 2020 tang stamp and cv. excellent f&f. only one thing bugs me a little. see if you can spot the problem. mine is the exact same knife as the above yellow mini

Easily one of my all-time favorite lock backs. I love the combo of a clip point with a long pull. And I love the sunken joint. And the size. A go-to carry for me.
View attachment 1330627

My thoughts exactly. When I showed my Copperlock to my wife, she thought it was too pretty to use for anything other than special occasions. I did the only sensible thing and bought a duplicate, one for EDC and one for SGTM.

Back