Clips and hardware made in USA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the answer to the question, at least as far as screws and fasteners goes, may change depending on cost of materials, and availability. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Spyderco may source parts from different suppliers, which probably makes it a little difficult to say for certain whether one knife has all US made screws and fasteners.

I think the OP has a reasonable question and I wonder why people are going after him. Many makers play around with the US made label. Nice to see clarity when possible.

THIS^
I don't understand why some people would dump on him. To me, even if some hardware on Golden spydercos is made in / imported from other places/countries, that won't affect my decision on purchasing those knives, not at all.

Hi Thomson,

Sorry I didn't get to this thread sooner. Hard to get to all of them.

We make knives in Golden, Japan, Italy. China and Taiwan. The knives made in Golden use USA made clips. The flat clips we make in-house. The wire clips are outsourced to a USA maker. Wire clips are shipped to Taiwan and Italy. Stamped clips are usually made in the country of the maker. Screws are from all over.

What else are you interested in knowing? And why?

sal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The goal in life is to be as consistent as the sun and transparent as the air. That's how trust is built".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new to the Spyderco forum... have had some spydeco's from the early 90's...I have to say seeing how engaged Sal and his family are in the business and especially how this forum is directly supported...I am a new "fanboy" of the Spyderco Products....btw just picked up a native 5 lc200n....love it and frankly for the price and made in USA... it is an awesome bargain and fantastic knife!!

Sal, thank you clearing it up. I am surprised that you ship clips to Italy and Taiwan. Nothing wrong with that, just surprising.

Thank you again.

Boy for dudes who believe in "transparency" it's super weird the way they dried up and blew away with this good news. Not even a thank you.

Almost feels like they were hoping for the opposite so the could start some bash threads but nah, no one with any scruples would do that would they?

Makes ya think.

Thanks for everyone’s input and opinions
Big thanks to Sal for continuing to reach out to the customer base .
No trolling intended
No fire fanning encouraged
Simple curiosity now satisfied with a statement from the Main man

Thanks everyone !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back