CLOSED PRE-ORDER, 6" Utility Fighter

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist thanks for the heads up! I think I saw the dagger grinds will be last-ish? Is that correct? So maybe the basics will go out first?
Yes, and I am also starting with available scales. This will be more straight forward once these new scales get started. We had to do new fixtures before I could get the rest of the scales made, but they should start moving now that the fixture is ready. Special finishes may also take a little longer. Thanks!

Hmmmmmm, I'm still anxiously awaiting mine. I chose the "grind the back of the tip 30 dps to make the tip more stabby". I have yet to see any of those in Friday sales so maybe those will ship last. I'm hoping the longer I wait, the further up the tip the sharpening goes!

Can't wait to get her home for a little game of "just the tip"

And no, that's not nearly as dangerous as it sounds to all you evil minded knife lovers out there

Hmmmmmm, I'm still anxiously awaiting mine. I chose the "grind the back of the tip 30 dps to make the tip more stabby". I have yet to see any of those in Friday sales so maybe those will ship last. I'm hoping the longer I wait, the further up the tip the sharpening goes!

Can't wait to get her home for a little game of "just the tip"

And no, that's not nearly as dangerous as it sounds to all you evil minded knife lovers out there

I'm grinding some of those today

Just received 2 UF’s today, one single and one double-edged. These are my first CPK knives and I couldn’t be happier or more impressed with them — meticulous attention to detail, balance is perfect, grinds are amazing.

Realized that I should have gotten different colored scales for these because I don’t want to get them confused!
I also wish that I had ordered a few more as gifts for some hunting buddies.

Two questions:
1) Does anybody make a tri-layer leather/kydex/felt sheath for these (similar to the Winkler ones)?

2) Jo, is it possible to order additional sets of scales?

Just received 2 UF’s today, one single and one double-edged. These are my first CPK knives and I couldn’t be happier or more impressed with them — meticulous attention to detail, balance is perfect, grinds are amazing.

Realized that I should have gotten different colored scales for these because I don’t want to get them confused!
I also wish that I had ordered a few more as gifts for some hunting buddies.

Two questions:
1) Does anybody make a tri-layer leather/kydex/felt sheath for these (similar to the Winkler ones)?

2) Jo, is it possible to order additional sets of scales?

Q#1: Lots of outstanding leather guys around here. I'd try Chad Pirtle...he's a custom leather maestro and no doubt he'd fix you up with something you'd be proud to let your kids inherit after your use.
Q#2: I was able to add on 2 extra sets of UF handles when I won a slot in the DEF presale a couple weeks back. Unless something's changed since then, Jo will fix ya up fer sure.

Last edited:
Q#1: Lots of outstanding leather guys around here. I'd try Chad Pirtle...he's a custom leather maestro and no doubt he'd fix you up with something you'd be proud to let your kids inherit after your use.
Q#2: I was able to add on 2 extra sets of UF handles when I won a slot in the DEF presale a couple weeks back. Unless something's changed since then, Jo will fix ya up fer sure.

Thanks for the plug brother!

I don't offer a triple layer deal like that and not sure of anyone else who does, but I do have my Cyborg Series hybrid and of course full leather :)

Welcome to the addiction Airbornetx :thumbsup:

How do I get in line to buy one of these, I was deployed and met an Air Force PJ who had one. Sorry if this isn't a good spot for this question. Aaron

How do I get in line to buy one of these, I was deployed and met an Air Force PJ who had one. Sorry if this isn't a good spot for this question. Aaron
Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist

Your best bet is to watch the exchange for one and keep an eye on the CPK buy, sell, trade thread.
Post a WTB in the buy sell trade thread.

I'm sorry, there are none available at this time. Once this pre-order is finished shipping we will have a few left over that we will make available next year.

Is the pre-order run the only ones being produced? I was hoping to snag one as a gift for an SF graduation present.

There were two patterns offered during the preorder:

1- The UF: Utility Fighter which is now a permanently retired patters. If you want one of these, either look for them coming up on the secondary market or post a WTB in the stickied thread WTB/S/T on this sub forum.

2- The DEF: Double Edged Fighter, know your knife laws and all that plus less utility than the above but with more wickedness! Nathan May offer a few more of these during some Fridays sales in 2020 depending on how many will be left after he wraps up all the preorders.

To answer the essence of your Q: no, preorders were not the only way to get them but seems that you’re quite late to the pattern as the occasional Fridays sales already took their course in 2019.

Back