Coffee

Hey guys I am new to this forum. I stumbled across this thread. And these are my two favourite things. I am a huge coffee and knife fan. I did some quick reading and I see that you guys do trades with great coffee and good knives. I would love to get in on the next one, if this is an on going thing?

Thanks.
Josh

I'd like to know how many of you coffee fans have a Civil War Spencer rifle model that has the coffee grinder in the butt stock ? Do the research you'll learn !!

I was aware of their existence, but have never seen one in person. Now that you bring it up, it makes me wonder how consistent of a grind it provided.:D I'm sure that was the least of concerns at the time they were in use, though.

Also, everybody has incorporated bottle openers or corkscrews into knife designs over the years. It's obviously beverage discrimination. What about an emergency coffee grinder? Why didn't anyone think of that? Finally, a good use for hollow handled knives!:p

Hey guys I am new to this forum. I stumbled across this thread. And these are my two favourite things. I am a huge coffee and knife fan. I did some quick reading and I see that you guys do trades with great coffee and good knives. I would love to get in on the next one, if this is an on going thing?

Thanks.
Josh

Welcome, Josh. Every once in a while we do an exchange as a group, but sometimes people randomly contact each other and swap on their own. I'm sure you won't have too much trouble talking somebody into it.

Josh,
We do a few throughout the year. Next one might be the Christmas exchange. There are a couple of us that will swap coffee and knives any time!!

My favorite coffee spot was closed yesterday (who closes a coffee shop on Mondays?) but I should be shipping this afternoon!

Received thanks Mono!
20170526_083944_zpsy8rbfned.jpg

I really like narrower spear shaped blades like that, it also has great weight and balance to it.. sliced something open earlier and it cut like a cartoon laser

Nicely done, John!:thumbsup: Gotta love that description too. I can't say I've ever described coffee as velvety or adventurous.o_O

Got my package a couple days ago,
Been enjoying this, velvety and adventurous Nicaraguan home roast by dannyp dannyp ;)
It really is delicious!
Also been venturing into the traditional realm to which he took notice and sent me something I've really been enjoying and getting good use out of the last couple days.
Even though I make my living on the Pacific Ocean, one knot I quite frankly suck at is a monkey fist, been wanting a keychain so both of these are also much appreciated too:D
Great choices all around Dan!
Thank you!
2DF6F74E-6C1A-4B7E-BCAA-9384DD324975_zpssrn1dnxk.jpg

Glad you're enjoying it!:thumbsup: I didn't think the knot was difficult to tie, just tedious because you have go back and keep tightening it until you get it neat looking. I've had them sitting around for so long I can't remember if there's marbles or dice inside.:D

My package arrived today from NY. Looks like some good coffee and I can't wait to try it out!
2017-05-27_07-02-48 by Daniel Pfeiffer, on Flickr
He also sent a Kershaw Blur. After seeing the tiger stripe coating in person for the first time, I think it looks pretty cool. Plus it's hard to beat a USA made Kershaw. Thanks GotSteel!:cool:

I'm going to preface my post by saying that I'm a jackass... :oops:

I had planned to roast coffee for the swap last Sunday or Monday, and I got so busy that I completely spaced the swap! :eek: I only remembered when a box unexpectedly arrived on Tuesday, and I was like, "Oh $%*+!!!" :(:(:(

I immediately sent Mono a text apologizing for the delay. Then to top everything off, I had a fishing trip planned on Wednesday, so couldn't get it done until Thursday. And the icing on the cake, I didn't get everything finished in time for the Thursday PO pickup, so didn't get it shipped until Friday. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Sorry again John!!! :( As you know, it should be there on Tuesday.

That being said, here's the AWESOME package from Polynikes that arrived on Tuesday:

Polynikes hit a HOMERUN with everything in this box!!! :cool: Thank you good sir!!! :D

I've had the whole bean Death Wish before, but it was too strong for my wife, so had been meaning to try the Valhalla Java at some point as I thought she'd like it better (had only had it in the K-cups until now). It is a huge hit, and as you might be able to tell, we've almost finished the bag already in just 5 days! :D

I've been wanting to pick up a Pacific Salt for some time, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I fish a LOT, and this is a perfect carry knife for those days. The lanyard is pretty cool too, with a stainless steel nut and a Turkshead knot to finish it. He must have been internet stalking me ( :p j/k), because the other two knives he sent are perfect for a fisherman!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love doing these swaps guys!!!

Your very welcome, brother
Glad you like everything! :D
This was my first swap, and you can pretty much count me in for all the future ones to come. It's like Christmas lol

Just wait unt the Christmas exchange......... :D

Phreak- you gave me time to finish up what I had open. Plus, the wait is part of the fun!!

Back