1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Coffee

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Monofletch, Nov 23, 2013.

1. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
  2. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Love that knife and the mug is pretty cool too.

dannyp likes this.
  3. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    Charles makes some cool knives and I really like this little one. It's a good size to stick in a pocket. I always thought these stoneware mugs were overpriced, but after getting one in a Secret Santa swap a couple years ago I have changed by opinion a little. They have a nice heft to them and are handmade in the US while each one is unique. The downside is if you want one in a certain color or style, it can be hard to find what you're looking for. The only other orange ones I could find had either a coffee brand that I've never tried or an Agent Orange survivor theme. Most of the companies that make them only have a few pre-made ones available to buy and if you wanted to order a certain style there is a fairly large minimum quantity.

This potbelly shape seems to help hold the heat in a little bit more than a regular mug does. Not anywhere close to one that is insulated or has a lid, though.

4. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    20190728_184417-734x958.jpg 20190728_184218-734x1043.jpg
    Our favorite coffee mugs with some homemade crackers. The chip in the dragonfly mug is from the earthquake last year that tore everything up.
    On the road we both use Yeti.

Monofletch and dannyp like this.
  5. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    This was a surprise delivery!

Thank you Spyderphreak!!

123F8A3F-72F5-48F7-BC30-11B704BE963C.jpeg

GotSteel and dannyp like this.
  6. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    I missed this part ^^^ the first time I saw the post. Right on, @SpyderPhreak :cool:!!!

I just roasted some of the Ecuador that I posted on the last page. If it tastes as good as it smells right now, that's gonna be a pretty good deal for only 4 bucks a pound!

7. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    This Reunion might be the best coffee I have ever had!! It is wonderful!

8. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Better than Iron Bean?

28C2F4A3-96FA-4222-9C9D-97896802454D.jpeg
    87E8F492-A9F2-43E0-BEDB-C8BF9ED568F7.jpeg

9. 007 Agent ZZero

007 Agent ZZero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2006
    That’s a sweet fixed blade Danny. Hey John, post a pick of that Kiridashi, it’s the same maker. Suwannee River Forge makes great stuff. I just wish I wasn’t so content in the small fixed blade range. I have a Busse GW and a nice Burt Foster custom that covers everything.

On a more coffee centered note, who else enjoys Kicking horse coffee? I am really into the grizzly claw right now. Going to try 454 and kick ass next.

10. 007 Agent ZZero

007 Agent ZZero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2006
    I have to snap pics of my mugs. I have a few favorites, as well as the souvenir collection of Deneen mugs from B&Bs and such. I guess I am a bit old fashioned in that respect. I also love getting the hand turned mugs at the renaissance festival we go to. Can’t beat them.

11. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    @dannyp I tried to get the copper San Mah best I could

6CD64A30-D364-49FD-82E5-133029FB562D.jpeg

12. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    Nice.:thumbsup: I always thought that looked pretty cool. It has to be hard to get an interesting pattern on a piece that small.

I roasted some of the Honduras COMSA beans for the first time tonight. Looking forward to trying them tomorrow morning.

13. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
  14. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    I think Black Rifle Coffee has made coffee for Emerson Knives at one point.

15. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    That wouldn't surprise me. BRCC roasts some for a local 'tactical' store that I won't mention because they do sell knives and aren't a BF dealer.

16. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Local to us?

17. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Just a heads up.....
    Iron Bean Coffee has $10 off your order today for his wife’s birthday. If anyone wants to try it.
    My order is in.

18. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    Out in St. Peters. The brand name is Liberal Tears Coffee. I didn't realize they have a separate website for that brand, but they sell it on both sites and in the store.

19. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    dannyp likes this.
  20. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I'll just leave this here.:)
    [​IMG]