Coffee

The OFFICIAL sign up for the Secret Santa 2020.

The rules.....
1- coffee
2- knives
Shipping your Secret Santa so it arrived before Dec. 24!

PM me or email ssjs678@yahoo that you want in and your shipping address. I will add you to the list.

Monofletch
007 Agent ZZero
DannyP
Spyderphreak
Y’shua
Taylortat
Ryan Thompson

If anyone else wants in the secret Santa swap please let me know! I will finalize the list after Thanksgiving so we have time to ....prepare!

The best cup of coffee in my entire life was had in a church hall from their coffee machines in Colorado when I was on a ski trip. It is my belief that there was something about the water in that town, combined with reasonably good church coffee grounds.

In chasing that cup of coffee I have had many runner up really fantastic cups of coffee. One of them was a cold brew from a small independent coffee shop. Another was from a Moka pot, an Italian style coffee that I brewed with filtered water and Folgers coffee grounds. The drip coffee from that same brand of grounds is reasonably good as well.

Knives, trading, and now coffee? Are you trying to get me addicted to this forum or what?!? :D

I love that secret santa you're doing, I'm a bit too new here, and being in France it would probably be hard for me to participate, but it's really cool!
Regarding coffee, I get most of mine at "Cafés Pfaff", a French roaster that was awarded best France roaster many times, and my all time favorite is their Ethiopian "Limmu Kossa", almost no acidity but still a strong taste, with hints of honey and nuts, wonderful!

M mdeous - If it wasn’t COVID19 I would say yes, but with the state of affairs and shipping delays you might sit this one out. Stick around the thread and give us another perspective on the 2 things we love!
We do another Christmas in July swap!

Alright guys...... it’s time to close the books on the Secret Santa! I will send you a name via text or PM.

Too many to count if you want to get into all the details, but it could probably be broken into a few groups of similar methods.

I tried the technique of filling the CCD with water first, then adding coffee. It definitely sped up the draw down time and didn't really change the flavor.

For those of you who use the Clever Dripper, this is worth watching. I'm kind of surprised it took James this long to make a video about them.

I watched that, it's interesting. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

I've never noticed the "draw down" time being overly long for me (never timed it that I recall), but at the same time, I've never noticed it stalling towards the end like shown in the video. Hmm. Maybe the way I pour the water in over the grounds has something to do with it? I don't usually pour it gently and swirl over the grounds like a lot of pour-over videos will show, I dump it in relatively quickly at first over the grounds in the middle, then finish off the edges with the remaining water, still poured pretty quickly. I also usually do a 16 ounce batch, which is almost too much for the Clever.

This could be a non-issue for me perhaps? Food for thought I suppose.

Quick question-

How many ways can you brew coffee???

Like how many are out there, or how many options do we have?

Personally, I can do drip, espresso, French press, pour-over, percolator, moka pot, ibrik, cold brew, Clever, Aeropress, and cowboy brew methods. Used to have an old siphon, but that's long gone after getting broken. Never felt the need to replace it, too finicky and a pain to clean up.

Back