Cold Steel Leatherneck Bowie

I really want to like the Lynn Thompson version, but D2 Steel and a plastic handle are disappointing. Generally the LT version is a step up from the standard. This looks to be the same, but green.

I am still waiting on the LT Spartan. I have completely given up on the 3V Trailmaster, and will not buy it at any price -- let alone a price GSM would sell them for. I am afra8d that the days of high quality and great prices are finished. N9w it's poor quality at insane prices, with no service to back it up.

I like the design in regards to visuals, but I think the handle is contructed like the standart leatherneck's handle. I had two of these, the first one had a rattleing handle and the pin one the end got lose after a few minutes of light use. I send it back and received a new one, it had the rattle right out of the box. Having experienced this and considering the price, D2 steel and secure-ex sheath, I will not buy this signature version.

Bumping this old thread

Has anyone heard anything about when this will actually release?

Some dealers and Cold Steel themselves have mentioned October as being a big month for stock replenishment and new stuff, but they were also touting May before, so who knows? They've been disappointingly slow and lackluster in the customer service department for a while now :(.

haven't had good luck with those systems from other manufacturers, but haven't tried gsm's....if ya dont mind update if working well and useful or not. thanks.
It sent me a 10% off coupon from Cold Steelā€™s website that I used to order a pair of gloves. I always wanted a pair. I think it was like $28 and change (free shipping plus 10% off). Would be neat if it sends spontaneous sales info or something like that.

Their new YT videos are really a cringe fest...
The originals were self-aware, good old-fashioned fun. You got a buff guy in a blond wig wrecking a garage door with an oversized knife, for heavenā€™s sake. In the same video, you got the CEO in long sleeves and tie chucking spears at watermelons. That campy charm is missing from these new videos.

It exists! Only shown for a few brief moments at start and end of their latest YT video.

Yeah, nice catch, I thought that leatherneck looked abnormally massive. So strange that they didn't take like 15 seconds to acknowledge/name/show it off.

"If you want an everyday walking around town sword..." šŸ˜‚ Lyne is a still a treasure and the main reason I tune in.

Some dealers and Cold Steel themselves have mentioned October as being a big month for stock replenishment and new stuff, but they were also touting May before, so who knows? They've been disappointingly slow and lackluster in the customer service department for a while now :(.
They have them for $150 on the unmentionable website

They have them for $150 on the unmentionable website

Thanks for that. What's really interesting is all the stuff that is listed, but never showed the catalog -

334746.jpg

101601a1.jpg

396197.jpg

321644.jpg
390271a1.jpg

959747a1.jpg

Etc.....

Also the number of things listed as "Unavailable - No Backorder". Probably a good vision of what's gone for good.

The originals were self-aware, good old-fashioned fun. You got a buff guy in a blond wig wrecking a garage door with an oversized knife, for heavenā€™s sake. In the same video, you got the CEO in long sleeves and tie chucking spears at watermelons. That campy charm is missing from these new videos.
New videos are just kinda forced from start to finish... not entertaing at all, just cringe as hell...

Those are all made of aluminum right? It's cheaper.... No real need to temper either. And I hope they are tapping into that prison labor for those shivs, maximize those profits... I should probably invoice JISM for my good ideas. Oh wait, one more idea - a poop emoji shaped 'shuriken'... it will be popular with the under 18 crowd.

Back