Cold Steel panic buy thread

Espada XL Smooth G10 S35 on trade coming ;)
Espada Large Smooth G10 S35
Bush Ranger on the way
More to order :D

Last edited:
Italian 4Max
2X kriss Voyagers
Sr1
2X Espada XL (polished g10)

There's 20 more pieces I could think to buy, but I'm waiting until the 2021 products drop. The GSM people told knife news that all products in the pipeline were making it to production. I just kind of assume if the designs are all being produced, then the originally intended steel is probably being used too, for better or for worse.
My biggest regret is missing out on the kriss ti lite, and the DLC coated espada xl. I never expected them to go so fast.

I will never understand why there's no competition in the xl folder genre. I guess manufacturers think xl folders are dumb, but I find them so useful and mostly easy to carry. Kind of makes me want to design something and have it made.

Italian 4Max
2X kriss Voyagers
Sr1
2X Espada XL (polished g10)

There's 20 more pieces I could think to buy, but I'm waiting until the 2021 products drop. The GSM people told knife news that all products in the pipeline were making it to production. I just kind of assume if the designs are all being produced, then the originally intended steel is probably being used too, for better or for worse.
My biggest regret is missing out on the kriss ti lite, and the DLC coated espada xl. I never expected them to go so fast.

I will never understand why there's no competition in the xl folder genre. I guess manufacturers think xl folders are dumb, but I find them so useful and mostly easy to carry. Kind of makes me want to design something and have it made.
You can still find the Kris Ti Lites at many places, Cutleryshoppe is showing them in right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just went to the site and apparently they are out.

Sucks about the frenzy, I have one and its flawless. I got it when they just came out though. I need to find a 6" holdout too. I always regret not getting that one.

Regarding the Frenzy. I was excited to get this because I had read how nice they were. Mine was the exception, but I am slowly getting it corrected. When I got it:

*The blade was so loose it rattled when closed, yet it was still very stiff to open.

*As it opened you could actually feel it grinding, and there was an audible and tactile ping at about the 30% point.

I have taken it apart, cleaned it, polished the washers, polished the Triad mechanism, greased everything, and reassembled. After playing with it for a while the blade no longer rattles and is centered and somewhat easier to open. I expect that this will correct itself. It still has the grinding feeling as it opens, but my sanding did improve it. The same with the ping as it opens, its better but not yet perfect.

I don't really mind doing this stuff, and I am glad that I got this one rather than someone unfamiliar with Cold Steel's usual high standards. Note as well that I really do like the knife. I want them to make more folders using this pattern.

2 Pipe Tomahawks (one given away as a Christmas gift)
1 Viking Hawk
1 Spike Hawk
1 Large Voyager with a clip point
1 Drop Forged Survivalist (first generation)
1 Drop Forged Bowie (first generation)

I've never had a CS hawk but figured I might as well order some while I still could. I have been searching for a Recon Scout to no avail (Optics Planet still lists the A2 versions as available for backorder...).

Debating whether I should get a Magnum Tanto in San Mai since it is an iconic Cold Steel knife but haven't because I don't usually reach for tantos and am not sure that I'd ever use it. I am open to persuasion.

My panic buys are in GSM limbo.
cs80psskxl_s1.jpg

CS62RQ_1.jpg

Added Voyager XL Clip and a Luzon L today. I can stop any time I want :)

Voyager XL Tanto
Espada L S35
Espada XL AUS10
Counter Point XL
4-Max Scout (ordered, but may not receive)

Trying to be good, but may get a few more. I'd suspect Cold Steel already had manufacturing contracts in place for at least the better sellers and there will probably be more of them available later, but I'd hate to miss anything.

1 Viking Hawk
1 Spike Hawk

I've never had a CS hawk but figured I might as well order some while I still could. I have been searching for a Recon Scout to no avail (Optics Planet still lists the A2 versions as available for backorder...).

Debating whether I should get a Magnum Tanto in San Mai since it is an iconic Cold Steel knife but haven't because I don't usually reach for tantos and am not sure that I'd ever use it. I am open to persuasion.

I must admit that I too bought a handful of CS knives lately. Not because I felt they would be discontinued, or because they would drop in product quality, but because MidwayUSA, The Knife Center and CS itself had some killer deals going.

Any other CS knives I would like to own -- a CS Trail Master 16S with a stag handle for instance, have long been out of production.

I must admit that I too bought a handful of CS knives lately. Not because I felt they would be discontinued, or because they would drop in product quality, but because MidwayUSA, The Knife Center and CS itself had some killer deals going.

Any other CS knives I would like to own -- a CS Trail Master 16S with a stag handle for instance, have long been out of production.
Yeah, there were some good deals to be had. Not a big fan of stag handled knives, but the trail master variants are all very cool in my book. Do you work for GSM, man?

I already had too many (if that's possible) CS knives but grabbed a pair (one tanto, one not) of SR-1 lites.
Also a Gunsite Counter Point I a ranch Boss and yet another Voyager.
Maybe I'm not in a panic but very much concerned.

AD10, AD15, 4-Max Scout, and Tuff Lite

am debating whether I should pick up a Recon 1 Tanto (I have a clip point) and a Spear point Code 4 (never tried a code 4 before).

1 Viking Hawk
1 Spike Hawk

I just purchased a XII. They're readily available for under $190.00 A good bargain and a nice knife. Good luck.

counter point 2
espada xl s35 (prob aus 8)
espada m in xhp great and dlc a
tilite 6 in xhp
kriss voyager
voyager xl Vaquero
Italian 4max (safe queen as I have a user already)

my guess is pick up the the XL stuff as if anything does go it will be that I would imagine......

Last edited:
Bush Ranger, AD10, Tuff Lite, Broken Skull. I may need a Warcraft Tanto too.

The day I heard about the sale I ordered a backup 4 max scout. At $83 I had to. A little later I picked up 2 more SK5 SRKs for $35 a piece. Again, why not? The SRK is a bargain at normal price, at $35 its a steal. I only really wanted 1 but I wanted the free shipping so...
Would have got an SRK-C but they were out of stock.

I had my panties in a bunch over this thing. I stopped and realized two things. 1. I have way more knives than I'll need in one lifetime, including a pile of XL C.S. My last buy was a large Espada that actually came in on xmas eve, lol. I heard hoof clomping, a wiff of reindeer flatulence, and ding, there it was ! 2. I have a heavy bias toward outdoor tools and whacking/splitting wood for fires. So I am actually going to buy a new coil for one of my metal detectors instead of a knife. Of course this may change as I am a hopelessly addicted knife/axe addict.:confused::D

Back