Collector Or Accumulator?

I started out buying modern folders....... Then a visit to GEC and chat with Bill Howard shifted my interest to GEC folders....... That was 11/2018 and I bought a 38 in Bocote wood from the store.... I guessing I've bought 150 -175 new GEC since..... I don't sell them or use them...... I use a Delica or a Rat #2 as my daily beaters.....

I don't know what category I fit into, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

I'm both. I collect very vintage and antique knives and swords, but have accumulate several of the modern things.
Rich

I'm sort of in between "user" and "accumulator". I buy older knives, but only those that I a) can afford, b) are in usable or near-usable condition, and c) knives that I won't feel bad about using, sharpening, and maybe modifying. The main reason that I buy older knives is because I can't get the same quality/knife pattern/whatever from a new-production knife, such as with USA-made Schrade Old Timers vs. Taylor Brand Old Timers. My current favorite pattern is the "Scout" or "Camper" style of knife, which is represented in my collection by Victorinox Pioneers and Camillus MIL-K-818 "Demo" knives.

Nope. They're related, but different.

This is a collection.

This is an accumulation.

50163819151_0905cc5c7c_b.jpg

See the difference?

It looks like the accumulation is what you start with before it is sorted into and displayed as a collection (s).

n2s

I am an accumulating collector of previously owned sharp objects, along with an increasing accumulation of users.

I collect and study Western and Kabar fixed blades, bayonets of all flavors, along with American and European swords and sabers.

I accumulate users and back-up users and back-up/back-up users of the knives I use on a daily/regular/frequent basis.

Back