1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Comeuppance's giveaway and Mother's Day thread! (Winner announced!)

Discussion in 'Giveaway, Contest & Raffle Forum' started by Comeuppance, May 6, 2015.

1. redfeenix

redfeenix

May 12, 2011
    Official entry

Gonna get mom some flowers and make lunch after getting done with work!

Thanks for the opportunity, really generous of you

2. spketch

spketch

Jan 28, 2011
    Thanks!
    This is my official entry.
    My mother is on the other side of the country, so we'll be doing a video chat.
    Taking the wife and kids out for breakfast after letting her sleep as late as she wants.

3. sechip

sechip Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    What the heck, this is my official entry.My mom passed away in 92 but i will be taking my girlfriend out to lunch... she's a mother.

4. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009

I am taking my mother out to dinner in Boston's north end tonight. And tomorrow (Sunday) I'll be hooking up her new 50 inch smart TV that I just bought for her. Now she can watch Seinfeld and Sopranos reruns in crystal-clear high definition. Even though she still swears up and down that there is nothing wrong with her old TV. Oh ma , I wish you would just embrace technology already 😀

5. webbman81

webbman81

Jan 14, 2015
    This is my official entry post! I'm not quite at 100 entries, but hopefully I will be by the time the drawing occurs! For Mothers Day this year the Family and I are going to Zoo Atlanta. She loves taking the kids to the Zoo, and as long as she's happy, I'm happy! Plus, I got her a really nice citizen watch she's had her eye on for some time.

6. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    This is not an official entry.
    I just wanted to say "good on ya" for the GAW Comeuppance (may Karma smile upon you!), and say "Happy Mother's Day" to all the mommas out there. I'll tell my Mom and my wife in person.

7. Lockpick88

Lockpick88

Nov 10, 2014
    This is my Official Entry Post.

Taking my mom for a nice supper out. It's what she wants. Thanks.

8. richardtran

richardtran

Nov 15, 2010
    Official entry!

Taking my mom for sushi.

Thanks for the chance.

9. glock45

glock45

Apr 26, 2007
    Official Entry.

Visiting my mom for mothers day, bringing lunch. She still lives alone at home and turns 98 this July. Very generous GAW.

10. jetsrb32

jetsrb32

Jun 4, 2008
    I'm in - thanks. (official entry)
    Mother's day brunch for my family with a bunch of screaming kids running around

11. DallasSTB

DallasSTB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2009

Headed over to our daughter's with the in-laws for her first Mother's Day with her and her husbands new baby. Good times, even if I am feeling my years a little more now than in years past.

12. billygoat78

billygoat78 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 24, 2009
    This is my official entry. Thanks for the opportunity.

My Mother's Day will be spent with a sappy card, some movies (Mom's choice), and probably some fancy dinner she likes, made by my father (who likes to cook).

13. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    Official entry.

Sent mom a card and a candle. Would take her out to lunch but she's lives several states away.

14. egally08

egally08

Oct 19, 2012
    Very generous of you, thank you.

My official entry.

I'm taking my wife and kids to a water park tomorrow. I bought her a set of 1ct princess cut diamond earrings.

I bought my mother a $100 amazon gift card.

15. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    Went down east to see my mom. Brought her a big Picasso supertunia hanging plant and am cooking a stuffed pork roast dinner tomorrow. Russ

16. BBKoenigsegg

BBKoenigsegg Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Official entry post!

I bought my mom some perfume that she's wanted, along with a card!

17. gosuto

gosuto

Feb 7, 2015
    This is my official entry!

Well for my family mother's day is a bit busy since we do mother's day, my aunt's birthday, and sister in law's birthday all together. So my plan will be church with my grandmother, a nice bbq in the park near her house, and then I'm going to take her to the movies and make her dinner. Her present is some old photographs I dug up from more than a decade ago of my siblings and I, to remind her that sometimes the memories we never forget are the stupid silly goofy little things nobody else would ever care about. I have a photo of my little brother and I light saber sword fighting from back in '06

18. 155440

Aug 7, 2012
    This is my official entry and I will end up getting my mom flowers and black licorice

19. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    This is my official entry

Was going to visit my mom with some flowers, she's going for surgery tomorrow.
    talk some spirit into her.
    Later going to BBQ with mom in law.

but....

I'm down with the flu... sick as I've not been in years.
    Unbelievable... first sunny day in a week....
    Now my GF is doing it all by herself... worse, she took the dog also. ;)

Goodluck everyone, and thanks for the generous chance.

20. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    The winner is Ulf Krogstad, post #61! Congratulations! I'll be honest, I was (ever so slightly) tempted to forgo true randomization and pick that one anyway just so it'd go to someone's mom, but, the random number generator gods made it happen regardless!

Again, happy Mother's Day to all! And, also, thank you Bladeforums for being what you are - awesome, varied, active, informative, welcoming, and enabling :)