Comming Soon From REKAT!

Rob Simonich

Big Bear
Bob and I have agreed on a collaboration, a new neck, belt, utility, tactical....you get the idea. Here is a picture of the knife, its the new model I call the Pikuni. The name comes from the Blackfoot Tribe here in Montana, it is their name for themselves.

Bob will follow with more details but initialy we plan to do these in Modified D-2 and limited Talonite, with possibly textured G-10 handles. The photo is one of my customs, and although the REKAT version will be very similar there will be some differences due to manufacturing versus custom. I think this will be a very hot little number. Its about 7" overall, and neck or belt carries very well. Stay tuned!

View

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

[This message has been edited by Rob Simonich (edited 07-28-2000).]

Doh! Gtss! Bob! How do I order your products with your web site down?! I can't even find your customer service number.

Thanks!

As always, REKAT has shown their steadfast support for BladeForums.com - we'll be getting the first batch, and prices / availability / options will be announced soon. Bob says that they are about 60 days out while he works out the production details.

There is a chance that there will be Damascus models as well... so things are going to be pretty interesting.

As soon as information becomes available we'll keep you informed.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

In the Camillus Forum, I suggested they make the Pikuni their next Talonite project. REKAT beat them to it. I can't wait.

Cheers,
Damon

Owning, as I do, a custom version of the Pikuni in both D2 as well as Talonite, I can tell you that this is a GREAT knife and one of the nicest knife designs I have come upon in quite a while. Rob got it right.

Here's a link to an earlier review for those who may be interested:
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001273.html

This will be a great collaboration piece.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Blues' Knife Pix

[This message has been edited by Blues (edited 07-29-2000).]

Blues,

Is there any problem with the serrated thumb ramp causing discomfort after extended use?

Harry

Rob, any chance extending the ricasso to about 1/2 inch as I like to choke up on my blades for some fine work?

Harry

Harry,

The serrations aren't very deep or aggressive. Just enough for good purchase without causing any irritation.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Blues' Knife Pix

Any guess on the approximate price the Pikuni will sell for?

Cheers,
Damon

How soon are we talking? Whatever it is it wont be soon enough.

------------------
Dennis Bible

Yup Darrel, that is your knife in the pic! By the way, that is the first knife marked with my smaller logo.

Kozac, I think if the ricasso was extended it would eat up too much blade, the whole knife is 7" oal.

Shootist, Bob has a better idea but we are shooting for 60 days, but things have a way of stretching out farther as everyone well knows!

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

[This message has been edited by Rob Simonich (edited 07-30-2000).]

Blues,
You ain't singin' the "BLUES"(BOO! HISS! AAARRRGGGHHHH!) when you said that Pikuni is one "SWEET" little knife - my D2 version has become my favorite neck knife!!!! Outstanding design!!!

Rob,
You have just saved me a long wait in getting a Talonite version from you & having to use up one of my standing orders. Thanks Bro! How about my collaboration? I'm starting to have some serious withdrawal symptoms!!!

Kozak,
I think Rob's right that the design would not work with a longer ricasso - with the current design everything is in balance.

Bill

We haven't started a waiting list yet because we do not have a firm price. Once we get a firm price, we'll begin taking orders on the knives.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Spark,

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be at the top of the waiting list for a Talonite REKAT PIKUNI.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370
Email: DouglasSctt@Netscape.net

SWEET!
smile.gif
Looking forward to it!

------------------
AKTI Member # A000005
NC Knife Knuts Member
Living life "on the edge"

<h3>OK Guys, COME AND GET 'EM!</h3>

We will take delivery of the new Pikuni from REKAT and designed by Rob Simonich in about 60 days. We are accepting orders for them now. You will not be billed until these ship from REKAT.

The first 120 will go to BladeForums and will be serial numbered. The first 20 will have Carbon Fiber scales and the next 100 will have G-10. Serial numbers will go out on first come, first served. Again serial numbers 1-20 will be Carbon Fiber and serial numbers 21-120 will be G-10. Also the Carbon Fiber version will have a Satin finish while the G-10 version will be stone wash.

The Pikuni is about 6 1/2" overall with a blade length of 2.9". This will be made from REKAT's new modified D-2 which is awesome stuff.

PRODUCT: REKAT-PIKUNI <strike>$150.00</strike> $109.99
-----
<a href="http://onestopknifeshop.com/cgi-bin/sc/order.cgi?storeid=onestopknife&dbname=products&itemnum=1163&function=add">[Buy Now!]</a>

<a href="http://onestopknifeshop.com/cgi-bin/sc/order.cgi?storeid=onestopknife&function=show">[View Cart]</a>
-----

PRODUCT: REKAT-PIKUNI-CF <strike>$200.00</strike> $149.99
-----
<a href="http://onestopknifeshop.com/cgi-bin/sc/order.cgi?storeid=onestopknife&dbname=products&itemnum=1361&function=add">[Buy Now!]</a>

<a href="http://onestopknifeshop.com/cgi-bin/sc/order.cgi?storeid=onestopknife&function=show">[View Cart]</a>

You can also visit the page on the 1SKS site for more info.
http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/rekat-pikuni.html

------------------
Every knife from every major manufacturer. If you don't see it, don't worry we can get it.
www.onestopknifeshop.com
Call 1-800-956-4652 to Order
Call 1-904-739-3438 for INFO
We are currently building the world's largest web site for knives.
ALL SALES SUPPORT BLADEFORUMS.COM!
1SKS is a WOW company!

Mike and Spark, its great you are taking the first 120! You will like this knife, and Bob and Christina are doing a great job on it, as I expected. Is there any way I can get #1 Carbon Fiber for my collection?

I would just order now but we are very limited on time, as Clancy is under evacuation due to the Forest/Wild fires here. I am good for it, just dont have time to pay right now! Thanks!

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

Back