• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Commission Request: Utility Blade for Prying/Hammering/Cutting

Hello, I would like to ask for recommendations of a custom knife maker to commission a fixed blade utility knife. Ideally under $500. I also welcome constructive criticism or suggestions.

Inbefore "iF yOu WaNt tO pRy GeT a cRoWbAr"

I have crowbars and hammers and tools for many jobs. I would like a hip carry knife that can also perform light versions of various job site tasks without needing to have a full toolbelt or travel to a truck or toolbox just to spontaneously separate two weakly joined objects, cut a strap or cord, chip or otherwise strike flat blows with the pommel...

My ideal design has the following:
  • A nice size serrated section with a shallow concave shape for cutting strap or cord, etc.
  • Strong tip for digging/prying more than piercing/cutting
  • wide, flat, blunt pommel for hitting a loose nail, encouraging lumber into place or other small blow striking functions. Perhaps an actual reclaimed hammer head incorporated cleverly.
  • ergonomic handle that fits well in both forward and backward grip.
  • prominent front and rear quillon to prevent slipping.
  • Blade 4-6" long .25" thick CPM 3V Steel. Doesn't need to be pretty.
  • Wood scale handle preferred. But interested in exploring using reclaimed materials like bicycle tire.
  • Simple sheath with belt loop, holds knife securely.
I have attached the closest knife I could find to what I'm looking for, Tinker Pierce's "Pit Fighter".
uvnxnrk68gx41.jpg

Basically this knife, but... shape/construct the pommel to have a more hammer-like function. Maybe snub the blade tip a tad so it isn't quite as thin a taper, then maybe make the spine slightly straighter and beefier like more modern utility knives.

Thank you let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Back