1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Comparison Pic of Rodent Solution and Ratmandu?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Sulaco, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Sulaco

Sulaco Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    I looked around but couldn't find just what I was looking for. Does anyone have a pic of them side by side showing the difference in the grip sizes? From the top would be great, too. If the grip is big enough, I might toss in an order for a RS along w/ my Ratmandu!

2. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    I don't have one from the top but I do have this one. I hope it helps.
    Also, while this is subjective the Rodent Solution has the most comfortable handle of any knife I've ever handled (which is thousands). The handle is awesome on this knife.
    [​IMG]

3. sar5

sar5

Jan 15, 2011
    I would agree, the rodent solution handle is great

4. Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    I just got my Ratmandu and the handle on it is really comfy. If the Rodent Solution is anything like it, I know I'd like it as well. Now I just need to find some money! Eric, how do you guys work, do you just tool up and make these things whenever or what?

5. bobbystoney

bobbystoney

Dec 13, 2010
    You should pick up the RS as well. As said the handle has an amazing feel. Maybe my favorite little fixed blade.

6. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The Rodent Solution is excellent. Get some kydex for it and you can just drop it in your pocket. I keep buying knives for the fun of it but the RS paired with a B11 is the best camp combo I've tried and I don't really see that changing. Very cool little knife :thumbup::cool::thumbup:

7. Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    You guys aren't making it any easier for me to keep from spending more money! :p

8. jazub

Feb 6, 2010
    Sorry, man. Wasn't trying to push you over the top on this one. That's why I won't post this pic:

[​IMG]

:eek: ....whups. :D

9. Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    Haha, ah crap, what's another Benjamin eh?

What color combination is that? Looks nice. I like the background too!

10. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    The RS handle is awesome. The rehanlde I just sent to the Custom Shop for my CABS is designed from the RS, just a little bigger. If they ever make a 4 1/2" blade or an LE verision I am all over it.

11. jazub

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks, man. That was up at Buck's Lake in the Sierras this past September. :thumbup:

The color combination is tanker/black micarta. Here it is with some more Rats:

[​IMG]

Problem is, after all of this trying to talk you into one, now I'm getting the itch for a backup. Probably going to try the sage/black micarta out for that but not sure yet.

12. Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    Nice collection! One day!

I'll probably go with the tanker/black micarta combo. It's the best looking one I've seen yet.

I do have a Scrapivore and a 7-11 on order. Otherwise I really would go ahead and get the RS as well. But as it stands, I have to wait a bit or my wife will not be happy. And as Jeff Allen says, "happy wife, happy life". ;)

13. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    You need to get a Rodent Solution. And you got Valentine's Day to make it up to her

14. Feezle

Feezle

Jan 30, 2012
    Now I'm debating whether to get the RS or the RMD. I can't afford both. With the type of sheath I want, I can barely afford one.

15. GLOCKCRAZZ

GLOCKCRAZZ

Jul 28, 2006
    That would be tough call. Solution is a better EDC.
    [​IMG]

16. GLOCKCRAZZ

GLOCKCRAZZ

Jul 28, 2006
    RMD and RS
    [​IMG]

17. Feezle

Feezle

Jan 30, 2012
    It wouldn't be an EDC. I think I'm going to go for the RMD. That is unless the Light Brigade TG comes out before I find one I want.

18. teranaut

teranaut

Oct 23, 2011
    I was in the market for a 3"-ish fixed blade to pair with an EDC folder I already carried. I picked up the RS because it fit the bill and budget. What has been said about the handle being very comfortable is true. I paired it up with my NMSFNO and I can't say anything bad about it. The combination works great for me.

19. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Wow...the scales on that are awesome!! Dang....me want!

20. Drumrboy

Drumrboy

Jun 12, 2011
    The RS and the RMD are both great knives. The RS is small enough to be a good EDC knife, and it will do a lot. As others have said, the handle feels great on it. It really is one of the best feeling knives I've ever held. I've got a black/black paper and a black/black linen. Both look really nice, but the black/black paper just looks wicked. Pick one up while you can. They are great little knives.