1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Comparison Pic of Rodent Solution and Ratmandu?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Sulaco, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Sulaco

Sulaco Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Just ordered the RS!

2. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    You will love it!

3. Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    I'm sure I will! I got the same color combo jazub went with. I have to wait a little longer but it's worth it!

4. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    So, you let the Rat bite you... welcome to the gang... say bye to your savings... :D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  5. Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    Heh, thanks, I think! :D

6. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sweet! Glad you went for it -it's a really handy knife, to be sure. :thumbup::thumbup:

7. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Neither of these are standard, but I like em. My second RS and my first RMD. Very happy with the RMD and may need more soon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a spine shot with a .22 BWM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Trident777

Trident777

Jul 11, 2011
    Hey Tim where did you get that custom shop rodent solution? Did you place a custom order with the swamp? That looks awesome!

9. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009

It was in the last ganza, item #25 and the RMD was #23.

10. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Say Heah Guys and Gals, yeah, the handle is comfortable on the Rodent Sokutiin, I also love my RatMandu, which was the start of it all. I got the RatManDu then the Rodent 9, then I got the Rodent Solution and I felt I had a great 3knife carry and I did. Then as my stable grew, I got the Rodent 7 just because it was a bit more control able and then the Rodent 4 that when I added a Saw (Wicked Tough Saw) and small Axe G B Small Forest Axe) I fell in love with the four as one of my Fav's go to. My stable kept growing and I got my modified Rodent 6 which I had thinned down and the top gaurd taken off, to complete my stable I got the Rodent 5 and the Rodent 3, Thinking the Rodent 3 was too small of a handle and tge Rodent 5 was too close for my RatManDu. I was surprised on both counts, I wear a large glove and the Rodent 3 fits great in my hand and the Rodent 5 is a go to one of my Fav's Trio carries. Ten I got a chance to get a RatWeiler, so I got the 1/4" version, I now match it with my RatManDu and the Rodent Solution because it's a natural match not only how it looks with the RatWeiler But a nice combo. I can also add-on to that set and again go with a 3knife carry like I use to. The difference between the Lightning Bolt Style Handle and the Seahorse Style Handle takes a little getting use to when I switch knives, but both are very comfortable style of handles so no problems. As far as chopper, I really like my Rodent 9, but not far behind is my RatWeiler because what it looses in lenght it makes up in width to me atleast. I
    really don't have a problem to pick and choose because I know no matter which set I take even in a survival situation my knives will preform, I thought this was going to be easy to just say how comfortable my Rodent Solution and the RatManDu were and tgey are very comfortable, , But so are my Lightning Bolt knives are too, Infact one of my Fav's Trios are my Rodent 5 and my 2Hawks Double Bit Hatchet and my Wicked Tough Saw, But I also use my Modde Rodent 6 in a similar Trio, I could team it up with my Estwing Double Bit Hatchet and my Bacho Laplander and still have a good Trio or even with my 17" Agdor range Hatchet , just to give you an idea, I really love my Swampies.