Condor Knife and Tool

Anyone own one of their knives? I heard the stuff they put it out there are just tanks. Especially when it comes to bushcraft/hunting knives. If you do own one, which one do you own? I'm asking because I'm really interested in one

I have a Bushlore, a Mini Bushlore, a Rodan, and the new stainless hunter that they released.

Great price, tough as nails, and decent sheaths.

You can't hardly go wrong with their stuff, which one or ones are you looking at?

I have a Bushlore, a Mini Bushlore, a Rodan, and the new stainless hunter that they released.

Great price, tough as nails, and decent sheaths.

You can't hardly go wrong with their stuff, which one or ones are you looking at?

The Rodan, Bushlore, and maybe a Basic Bushcraft. I go camping alot in the mountains and my cousin wrecked my other knife while we were out hunting. I heard the Rodan is tougher than hell

Get them! I like my Rodan and Mini Bushlore. They needed a bit of work when I first got them, but after that they're great!

My brother has a Toloza, Sapien and one of the new stainless models. He loves them to death. The Toloza impressed me. Comfortable in the hand and a real tank.

The Rodan, Bushlore, and maybe a Basic Bushcraft. I go camping alot in the mountains and my cousin wrecked my other knife while we were out hunting. I heard the Rodan is tougher than hell

Brother, you can beat a Condor Rodan like a rented step kid, and it will laugh in your face. It is a very tough and versatile knife, consider it a low cost alternative to a becker BK-2.

The Bushlore is a comfortable knife for me, and as mentioned above, with a little work on the edge it rapidly became a little shining star of a handy knife outdoors.

I have several of them, and for the cost they are the best knives/machetes around. My current favorite is a bolo 15" because of its versatility. Though they are all great.

I've had my eye on several of their blades for awhile now but didn't know anyone who owned one. Now I may have to go get a couple. Thanks guys

I recently bought a Sapien, I wanted a light weight puukko style but step up from Mora. I expected it to be rough finish but it was a little too much, I knew the edge would be bad but the scales are weirdly uneven, the pins sit proud of the wood, and the spine is all warpy from the roll stamping. I've emailed them about but only once so far, no response, and being from Montreal, Florida is not a local call. I didnt expect the world for 35$ but its worse than a 15$ Mora in the fit and finish dept. YMMV

Got the Bushlore, Village Parang, Golok, Hudson Bay, and the Kumunga. None of the knives came perfect- all of them needed to be touched up on the edge and occasionally the fit and finish on the handles or the evenness of grind had to be addressed, but for the price it is tough to complain. Of the ones I own, I would recommend the Bushlore and the Kumunga. The Bushlore makes a nice bushcraft knife as mentioned above, but I am especially pleased with the Kumunga. Rather than going with the Rodan, I went with its bigger brother. That extra length makes it an effective chopper and it can baton through some seriously thick wood. Edge holding is average, but it is easy to touch up. Tough but not overbuilt, it makes a great backpacking tool (I can't say the same for the V. Parang or the Golok- they don't add enough utility for their extra weight). All and all, the Kumunga compares favorably to the Becker BK-9 and is half the price.

I have their Barong. I love it. You can beat the hell out of it because at $35.00, it is totally expendable. Thing is, it refuses to fail.

Boomslang, Nessmuk, Lochnessmuk, Pack Golok & Woodworker axe are the ones i have so far. I love them all. Built well, heavy duty & reasonable price. The edge will need thinning if you want them razor sharp.

You guys saying this stuff about the Rodan really makes me want to pull the trigger on one the highest blade length I'd go is 6 inches

The Kephart took a bit of work, but has become one of my favourites

cedar2050.jpg

I have a Tavian and a Golok. The golok gets used in the yard but I switch it for an axe or chopper in the woods. The Tavian is used for everything from cutting food to digging in the ground. It has an interesting patina by now. The pic of it on their website kinda whites out the bpade shape so you can't see how sturdy it actually is, but this is the knife I always reach for.

Good quality, good prices. Sometimes the edge will need a little work, but nothing too major. I have the golok, village parang, barong, speed bowie, thunderhead machete, bush knife, kukri machete, and Thai enep and am plenty happy with all of them. And there's still a lot more of their products I plan to get.

I have the bushlore. As soon as I got it I carefully stoned-down the scandi edge so it is more full flat grind than scandi. then I convexed the edge and polished the whole blade with succeeding fine grits to 2000. I sandpapered the handle and re-dyed it to a dark walnut.
I like it a whole lot better, and it was a fun weekend project.
John
PS I also bought the mini bushlore for one of my sons. I left that one alone, and he really seems to like it.

I just recently got a Kumunga and a few machete's, very pleased. Any one who complains about them needs to look at their receipt. Best stuff for the money out there.

Yes I have about four of them I think. Now that they are mentioned I do not think that I have ever seen a thread on a broken Condor and they get used pretty hard by some of us. A little rough around the edges now and then but they are currently going through a major quality control revision so I hear. They are a great value and wonderfuly fun to use outdoors.

Back