Congratulations to Jo, Dan and Ben, the 2022 National Bladesports champions.

Watching your run, it occurred to me how big of a disadvantage you have with the setup, vs someone like Bennie.

It was especially clear in the table rope slice. Height is a huge advantage in being able to ergonomically bring your bodyweight to bear on the cut, greatly increasing the pressure applied to the cut/slice, where you're at a disadvantage with the higher arm position due to your relative height to the tabletop.

Just goes to show what training/determination can adapt to overcome. đź‘Ť
It is so much fun!

Of course its fun when you have great equipment, lol.
Sue Boo's account is listed as private so if she has it listed on her account we cant see as we are not the chosen few.
Your real good at it Jo. if I could breath worth a darn I'd like to try it for kicks. I have a ten inch chopper but haven't played with it yet. Good excuse to get the fire pit goin!

Nationals is physically a larger event with more people and more cuts. Worlds is the event that gets the most publicity but it is somewhat abbreviated to fit within the time and space constraints we have at Atlanta. There is a great deal of prestige in winning either one of those events, but the Atlanta Blade show is more important for my company because it gets more visibility. I want the magazine article write up etc. I'm very proud of my cutters and their win at Nationals, I'm hoping they can do it again in Atlanta.

Jo and Ben won Atlanta last year but they weren't calling it Worlds because the season was sort of screwed up due to the pandemic so it did not have the turnout and participation that it needed to count as worlds last year.

Personally, I enjoy bladesports and I enjoy participating. It is fun and it has made us a better knife company. And, from a business perspective, there is a lot of benefit to winning the big events because it is good for the brand and the recognition is a return on investment.

Back