• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Contact info for Wanta Forge? (Dylan Wanta)

Sorry, I read the rules but couldn’t find a “GBU” forum.
I’m just wondering if anyone has any contact info or knows anything about Wanta Forge. He’s disappeared off of Instagram, doesn’t respond to messages or make posts anymore, and he doesn’t respond to emails. It’s been over 2 years since I sent him payment up front and a piece of wood that has special meaning to me. I would like to get both back, but even if I can’t get my money, I would just really like to get that wood back.
This is the only other place I could think of that would have people that might know anything about him or how I could get ahold of him.

Being a long time knife enthusiast, this is the first time I’ve ever ordered a custom knife, and it has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

that sucks.

an acquaintance of mine had a terrible accident- broke a lot of bones- and asked me to set him up with a knife maker who would be willing to use the screws and such that were holding his bones together while they healed to make a knife. I contacted one of the best makers I know of, a real accomplished serious maker who still does amazing work, and asked if he'd be willing to do it. Sure, he said. Buddy sent those one of a kind fasteners to this maker in order to get the job started. Something went sideways, and buddy's been unable to get his hardware back and the knife maker- who I had previously got along with fine, even bought a knife from at some point- didn't answer any of my emails asking about the parts. As far as I know, my acquaintance has never dealt with a custom knife maker since and completely lost interest in this world. Too bad, cus he's raking it in these days. I think he would've been less upset if he'd lost a deposit, because what he lost can never be replaced. Being the guy in the middle, my lesson here is that good intentions are rarely rewarded, so when people I know ask me to recommend a knife maker I generally refuse. It's too bad. Sorry to hear about your situation. This kind of shenanigans hurts us all a little bit in some way or another.

that sucks.
Wow, that’s horrible. I just can’t understand people like that. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as long as I can. Hence why it’s been 2 years since I’ve made a public inquiry about it.
And yes, it does hurt all makers. For some of us it’s no frivolous thing to come up with $250+ for a custom knife when we can get a perfectly useable knife for $20-$60. Especially when special materials are involved. After getting burned once, how many people are going to risk it again?

Update: he returned an email and says he will finish it up soon. We’ll see I guess. Fingers crossed.

hey brother. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i dont think you'll get that knife. He burned me for $260 up front back in 2018 and ive gotten 2 reply emails saying he would finish and send it over. Dude is a scammer. There is an Ig page with lots of people chiming in about him ripping them off and not returning emails etc. I wish you luck, but I hate to say it, dont get your hopes up. I think the best thing we can do is alert the communities to stay clear until he returns the stolen money and materials ( Id wager in the tens of thousands of dollars at this point)

Just wanted to confirm what adequacy posted. wantaforge is a cheat. Burned me for $240. I contacted him a number of times and even got a few emails back but it just kept dragging on so I emailed him several times and never heard back. Anyway I hope it works out for you stingray

Sorry, I read the rules but couldn’t find a “GBU” forum.
I’m just wondering if anyone has any contact info or knows anything about Wanta Forge. He’s disappeared off of Instagram, doesn’t respond to messages or make posts anymore, and he doesn’t respond to emails. It’s been over 2 years since I sent him payment up front and a piece of wood that has special meaning to me. I would like to get both back, but even if I can’t get my money, I would just really like to get that wood back.
This is the only other place I could think of that would have people that might know anything about him or how I could get ahold of him.

Being a long time knife enthusiast, this is the first time I’ve ever ordered a custom knife, and it has left a really bad taste in

Last edited:
Wow, this sounds like a shame and not good - sorry OP. One thing I learned a long time ago is - never pay for a knife upfront. Possibly if you have something special going on, and know the maker I could see a partial payment for special material or such; but otherwise everyone here will tell you one of the golden rules is never pay up front. Hope it works out in the end for you.

Back