1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cool Stacked Hunter in Black and Blue (withdrawn)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Alan Warren Knives, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    Hello, Just finished this hunter, It is another one I got a little carried away with on the file work. The fluting is very time consuming, but worth it. imho. It is built very solid and made to be used.

Blade is CPM 154 .144 thick, and 3.625 tip to guard. O/A is 8.25 Heat treated with subzero quench, and double tempered to 60 RC. Hand satin finished with 2000 grit.

Guard is 416 carefully silver soldered.

Handle is stabilized African black wood, with dyed and stabilized Mammoth tooth, fluted 7075 aircraft aluminum spacers, and blue G10 accents.

Sheath is hand tooled, and hand stitched 8-9 ounce leather. I use the Bob Loveless cam lock idea. The knife fits nice and snug yet is easy to withdraw.

(withdrawn) shipped in the USA. My paypal is [email protected]
    Thanks for having a look, and comments welcome. Alan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Ohioan007, GeofS, mikey488 and 5 others like this.
  2. K80Shooter

K80Shooter

Sep 10, 2018
    Very nice Alan! Great work.

3. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Man.

4. redsquid2

redsquid2 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011
    This is an amazing knife!

5. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Another great one Alan! You have a very distinctive style that I really like.

6. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    That is just TOO cool Alan , that mammoth tooth is outstanding as is the whole package . The blues all go so great together .

7. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thank you Guys.

8. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Great lookin knife Alan, that blue mammoth tooth spacer with the fluting sure is a nice touch.

9. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thank you sir Scott.

10. Ohioan007

Ohioan007

Jul 20, 2019
    Really beautiful knife!! Is it sold or are you going to keep it?

11. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    It is still available.

12. Ohioan007

Ohioan007

Jul 20, 2019
    Just out of curiosity, I will most likely not be able to afford it, how much are you asking for it?

13. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Not a problem my friend. One of the reasons I started making knives myself is because I could not afford them.

If you could send private message I can talk about it there.
    Thanks
    Alan

14. K80Shooter

K80Shooter

Sep 10, 2018
    Ohioan0007,
    If you can find a way I highly recommend that you get it. His craftmanship is second to none.

I purchased a knife from Alan and liked it so much that I ordered another from him.

Ohioan007 likes this.
  15. Ohioan007

Ohioan007

Jul 20, 2019
    Thanks Alan, appreciate the offer, but it looks like I cannot send personal messages without the paid membership.

Edit: Just found your website and sent an email to the contact listed there.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  16. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Got it, Thanks.

17. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Shooter. I appreciate it.

18. Ohioan007

Ohioan007

Jul 20, 2019
    Thanks for the advice K80Shoter.

Alan was very gracious and I bought it. Wife will not get to see it for a while, but hey as long as I can enjoy it, that’s good enough for now :) Thanks again Alan!!