Cool stuff you have that others likely DO NOT....

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Eric Isaacson, Jan 7, 2013.

1. UDDwaine

UDDwaine

Apr 8, 2007
    I actually worked in a coffin factory during college. That was an interesting job.

2. SueZQ

SueZQ

Feb 24, 2012
    I would love to design my own coffin. I actually want to build a bed in the shape of a coffin. The lid would be the headboard, but the logistics of the mattress makes my head hurt.
    I had looked into going to mortuary school after I got divorced in '08. The tuition was crazy high though and I was not able to do it. I had a friend in Illinois that could have gotten me an internship also.

3. mymindisamob

mymindisamob

Feb 1, 2005
    One of my best friends in my 20s was a son of a mortician. We had some very twisted parties. I wanted to be in that field for years. After that it was crime scene photography.

4. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    In high school a good friend's father was the parish coroner.... Thats all I will say

I have a friend who is currently a Mortician, interesting life. If this LE ever fell out, I might have to pursue it.

5. SENGVIN

SENGVIN

Oct 18, 2011
    2007 CBR 1000rr Repsol LE:
    [​IMG]
    great doog :) :
    [​IMG]
    Damascus Rambo III (but not made with same charlton Damascus like the rest of 100 knives) and wasn't made for sale:
    [​IMG]
    and this unique DDR Gun hammer :
    [​IMG]
    and some ..., but that would be for next time :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  6. Gravelface

Nov 8, 2005
    Is it next time yet?

What is the story on the RIII?

7. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Man, great stuff posted lately.

I guess I'll have to pull out the big guns and post some pics of my..........................................................Shoes ;)

:D:D

8. SENGVIN

SENGVIN

Oct 18, 2011
    Well according to Linda , the knife was made for Mr.Gil's friend and he promised him he would never sell the knife. But after his death his wife sold the knife to a guy in Austria. And that is when I step in :) and bought the knife from the Austrian Guy .(I think he was like 21y old or less:eek:) Brought it back to US :)

9. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    Wow! Really?? That will keep you on your toes :eek:

10. Cavalry_Scout

Cavalry_Scout

Jun 8, 2010
    Quite possibly the coolest hat ever

[​IMG]

11. UDDwaine

UDDwaine

Apr 8, 2007
    I remember doing a delivery during the 2 weeks that everyone but the sumer crew took off. We took the casket into the delivery door for the funeral home, and then the elevator started coming down from the ceiling, and there was a stretcher on it with a sheet over it. The person with me screamed and ran out the door and into the delivery truck. Thankfully the stretcher was empty, but I could not get him back in to help me move the casket.

12. UDDwaine

UDDwaine

Apr 8, 2007
    I built a few of them when I worked there. The place I worked built the lower cost cloth covered ones, not the hardwood ones, but the inside was pretty much the same.

I did have a pillow from one for a long time, but it got tossed out during one of my moves.

13. Gravelface

Nov 8, 2005
    While on Honor Guard, we traveled the north half of Texas rendering Funeral Honors for Veterans we had a Communications NCO who refused to go inside the funeral homes, not even to change clothes. He spent many hours sitting in the van.....

He had in irrational thought that bodies were just thrown about..... He was the source of many jokes

14. Ian Allomes

Ian Allomes Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Great thread, Eric. Thanks for that.

Here's my only heirloom :D Burnt for me by an Aboriginal woman around a camp fire many years ago, her tribal name "Weabine". It was burnt on a piece of ply with pieces of wire heating in the coals.
    Done in a cattle ccamp in western Queensland.
    Ian.

[​IMG]

15. chopridesanRC51

chopridesanRC51 just happy to be here... Platinum Member

Jan 6, 2008
    The first pic is my license plate, the second pic came after an early evening of hanging with some hooligan knife buddies and some tequila. I really don't remember the rest of that evening but woke up with a killer tat :D

plate.jpg tat.jpg

16. bigretic

bigretic

Apr 7, 2008

17. desmobob

desmobob

May 5, 2003
    Holy cow! I have one just like that and the killer part is, I think it has a dent in the same spot... I'll have to dig it out and take a look.

Stay sharp,
    desmobob

18. Leviathan Arms

Leviathan Arms Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2012
    That's awsome! :D

19. mamun1024

mamun1024 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Coolest hat? Awesome? Really?

I for one find it pretty distasteful and ignorant when I see someone making derogatory comment about another nation, culture, race, ethnicity, religion etc.

You shouldn’t hold an entire population accountable because of the actions of their politicians.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing to do with the nation of Iran. I for one as well as many from here wouldn’t like it if someone took an undeserved swipe at this great nation just because they don’t agree with the policies of our government, on its own interests and in world affairs. I just think our brothers and sisters from other nations should get same respect from us.

We come to this forum because we love Busse and kin knives, not to make fun of others. I believe there is another sub forum to do that.

20. mymindisamob

mymindisamob

Feb 1, 2005
    BADA$$ Bro! On both counts!