Titanic mortality rate = 68%
Out of the 2,208 people that sailed, 1,503 are reported to have died

Covid mortality rate = .05%
Out of the 328.2 Million people in US, 189,000 are reported to have died

Titanic mortality rate = 68%
Out of the 2,208 people that sailed, 1,503 are reported to have died

Covid mortality rate = .05%
Out of the 328.2 Million people in US, 189,000 are reported to have died

A link where it's confirmed that THE ENTIRE POPULATION of THE USA had been infected with SARS COV2 and lived or died?

Until then, the CFR looks like this:

upload_2020-9-6_23-24-24.png

CFR = 2.99%

p.s. for the people that do understand Statistics, yeah, the number of cases it's most likely highly underestimated. Probably the number of deaths as well ;(...

Last edited:
p.s. for the people that do understand Statistics, yeah, the number of cases it's most likely highly underestimated. Probably the number of deaths as well ;(...

It was reported in Canada that the US private hospitals receive a large portion of their funding through elective surgeries that were cancelled due to Covid. It was further reported that to keep their doors open, they are incentivized to report patients/deaths as Covid related to receive federal funding. Bill Gates spoke about it as well apparently, but I didn’t check the statement/interview or whatever.

So the point I’m trying to make is lots of us up here think you’re official numbers are bullshit, and hyperbole much like most of what’s reported in the media these days.

I just drove home and teenagers are out everywhere like any summer weekend night. About 20 of them tailgating at McDonalds as I drove by, it’s near 11pm.

Let’s see what happens.

^ there is a glaring problem with that theory:

In 2020 the U.S population is suffering from many more deaths, in fact a lot more excessive death not attributed to COVID-19 in comparison to the baseline deaths numbers from the prior years. If anything, the number of COVID-19 related deaths are UNDERREPORTED.

While it is probable that in a for-profit healthcare system there are more openings for the kind of malfeasances which you are referring to, I firmly believe that if the cases of fraud went head-to-head with the actual number of COVID-19 related deaths, I will win the argument and you will lose. I am pretty confident about that.

Easy there folks.

This is such a politically charged topic now that it is difficult to keep politics out of the discussion of it. If we want a nice non-political area where people can talk about the virus, this is it. If people are going to become political, and it turns nasty, as topics involving politics almost inevitably do, I won't have a choice but to close this.

I feel bad for the millions it has forced into unemployment.
Had over a thousand applicants for one job I put out.
Shame people in a biscuit factory aint thankful to be working and go on strike because they demand a 7.9% pay increase.

Yes, so many small businesses have been destroyed while the owners of amazon and fb have increased their net worth by billions.

Suicides and drug overdoses continue to rise as the lockdowns drag on, many of the most vulnerable are unable to receive the substance abuse counseling they relied on.

I did. What's that got to do with how Statistics work?
His statistics are 100% accurate, and TOTALLY appropriate as a response to a post which compared the plights of Americans facing a Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, to pasengers on the Titanic facing an iceberg in 1912.

His statistics are 100% accurate, and TOTALLY appropriate as a response to a post which compared the plights of Americans facing a Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, to pasengers on the Titanic facing an iceberg in 1912.
Negative...it was a satirical shot at the ridiculous misinformation being spread about Corona.

It was reported in Canada that the US private hospitals receive a large portion of their funding through elective surgeries that were cancelled due to Covid. It was further reported that to keep their doors open, they are incentivized to report patients/deaths as Covid related to receive federal funding. Bill Gates spoke about it as well apparently, but I didn’t check the statement/interview or whatever.

So the point I’m trying to make is lots of us up here think you’re official numbers are bullshit, and hyperbole much like most of what’s reported in the media these days.

I just drove home and teenagers are out everywhere like any summer weekend night. About 20 of them tailgating at McDonalds as I drove by, it’s near 11pm.

Let’s see what happens.
Interesting choice of words . . . "funding." I usually think of that word applying to things/people who get their money from the government. Like hospitals in Canada? I'm guessing (?) they receive "funding."

Most all hospitals I know in the U.S. are privately owned/managed. They don't receive funding - at least I don't hear of folks saying it that way. They receive income on bills/invoices they generate for patient services, which are paid by the patients and/or the patients' medical insurance company. Like any other private companies.

Anyway, you are absolutely correct that most/all US private hospitals receive a large portion of their income from elective surgeries that were cancelled due to Covid. Although I think that these surgeries are restarted in most states now - I know they have done so in the hospitals in Florida where my sister works. But hospitals were actually laying off LOTS of hospital staff at the height of Covid in the spring because they had so many empty beds due to the bans on elective surgeries.

Fun Fact: Elective surgeries are not all that "elective." I am naive, so I thought elective surgeries meant things like plastic surgery or the like. Not at all. Can't walk and need a hip replacement? That is an elective surgery. Torn ligament? Getting that repaired is an elective surgery! Elective surgery is any surgery that can be delayed by 24 hours without risk to the life of the patient. Colectomy, appendectomy (usually - not always), hernia repair, tonsillectomy, spinal fusion, hernia . . . elective, elective, elective, elective, elective, elective. So . . . most surgeries are elective. At least here in the U.S.

Negative...it was a satirical shot at the ridiculous misinformation being spread about Corona.
Negative.

The picture CLEARLY says "If The Titanic Was Sinking Today." Then it has a bunch of passengers parodying remarks made today by some folks - I think pretty exclusively in the US (no way it was directed at Germany, or Japan, or . . . anywhere else) - about Covid-19.

Say what you want, and you could have meant subjectively whatever you wanted, but objectively it was "humorously" (?) comparing the Covid-19 pandemic in the US to the sinking of the Titanic. It just was. And the responding statistical comparison used a totally appropriate basis for the statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back