1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Counterfeit Fiddlebacks Hitting the Market

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Fiddleback, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Well folks, its been a while since this has happened. But it does occasionally happen in the knife world. Last week Robert was approached by a person trying to sell him Fiddleback copies made in Pakistan. The pics below show the conversation, and pics of the knives. They are direct Fiddleback copies of the Patch Knife. Please be careful when buying knives from a vendor you do not know. The difference in workmanship is noticeable and I know these knives wouldn't fool y'all. I would never put a Bullseye tube so close to the edge of a set of scales. The Bullseye tube is a trademark of Fiddleback Forge Inc.

I wanted to warn y'all about this scam and also ask y'all to keep an eye out for these showing up for sale! If anyone can find out where I can send a cease and desist letter, I'd be grateful. Also, if anyone recognizes the name David Parrota please let me know how to contact him.

The instagram handle of this company is @uniquedamascusblades and on facebook they are under Unique Damascus Blades

Pics below showing conversation between Robert and Unique Damascus Blades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please be careful with your purchases, and if you happen to find anyone selling these knives, please let me know.

2. Big Ol’ Hauger

Big Ol’ Hauger Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Time for a Crusade!

Fiddleback likes this.
  3. mikey488

mikey488 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Counterfeit :poop: knives make me sick. :(

Thanks Fiddleback for hauling up the flag so we can be extra careful.

Fiddleback and Vaporstang like this.
  4. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Just what we need another flood of fake junk.

n2s

5. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    The flood of fakes waxes and wains. It seems never to end.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Fiddleback likes this.
  6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I have sent a cease and desist letter. Thats about the extent of my ability to fight back. There are pics and knives of several makers on this board, so I thought it was important to mention. Thanks for y'alls support!

Lee D and Steven65 like this.
  7. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    You are doing the right thing. The best way to counter this scum is to tell everyone on Instagram, Facebook, email all your customers. Get the word out hard.
    Put a link to this thread in your sig line and everywhere else online you frequent including your website and all your emails.

Once your customer base knows that this is happening it reduces the counterfeiters market enormously.

You are probably going to have drama at sometime with this. It's only a matter of time before someone buys a fake off ebay thinking its real and sends it to you for a warranty claim. Unfortunately its the reality of the world we live in.

Fiddleback and benchwarmer380 like this.
  8. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    I find nothing for parrota, parrota, or uniquedamascusblad.

"Unique Damascus" pops up, although it says it's a U.S. company. The goods are typical Pakistani. He uses "C440" steel on some knives. His picture is consistent with Pakistan. He offers automatic knives, shipment of which across state lines is a federal felony in all but a very few cases.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Fiddleback likes this.
  9. The Shatz

The Shatz

Oct 1, 2017
    Thanks for the heads up hopefully nobody get duped

Fiddleback likes this.
  10. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Folks, @gotboostedvr6 contacted me by phone last week. His name is being dropped by the people behind Unique Damascus. I do not think he has anything to do with importing counterfeit Fiddlebacks. He seems like a cool guy and its unfortunate that Unique Damascus used his name like this.

Hale Storm likes this.