CPK and Archery

Thank ya sir!
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to weigh him. I shot him September 10th 2019 about 6:45 in the evening and it was a 95 degree day. After the recovery it was a mad dash to get him taken care of so I wouldn’t lose any meat. He was a 5.5 year old animal and I would guess he dressed right at 195lbs give or take 5lbs.

I did get him mounted! The taxidermist I use did a phenomenal job and I was very pleased with the result. I even talked the wife into letting me hang this one in our den, opposed to my office where all the other critters reside.

Wow! :cool: :thumbsup: Would love to see a photo of the mount.

Thanks, Jared. I tell a lot of folks who are interested in archery to just watch Craigslist shortly before season. A lot of dudes selling last year's model so they can get into the latest and greatest.

It's been a great quiver so far - no complaints yet.

Over here, we have the wily Blacktails... They are smart, elusive, and since we lack much in the way of open area, they are hard to hit. I'd love the opportunity to hunt Whitetails someday.

My only complaint is that I do wish I could move it up a bit more, my arrows hang below the bow more than I'd like. Doesn't help that they're almost 32" long though. :eek:

I shoot Hoyt atm, but I’ve tried every brand out there and Bear is as good as any Mathews, bowtech, it Hoyt etc. I’ve shot.
Brands are nearly irrelevant at this point. I judge a bow by its individual merits.

Thanks, Jared. I tell a lot of folks who are interested in archery to just watch Craigslist shortly before season. A lot of dudes selling last year's model so they can get into the latest and greatest.

It's been a great quiver so far - no complaints yet.

Over here, we have the wily Blacktails... They are smart, elusive, and since we lack much in the way of open area, they are hard to hit. I'd love the opportunity to hunt Whitetails someday.

Padruig, if you ever find yourself around KY I’d be happy to set you up on a whitetail hunt.

Wow! :cool: :thumbsup: Would love to see a photo of the mount.

My only complaint is that I do wish I could move it up a bit more, my arrows hang below the bow more than I'd like. Doesn't help that they're almost 32" long though. :eek:

Brands are nearly irrelevant at this point. I judge a bow by its individual merits.
A0998BE0-FB3E-48BA-99C0-5224FB7B73D4.jpeg 337DB84A-5F09-428F-9773-5C8A0C123929.jpeg

Here are a couple quick pics of the mount. I’m not currently home and these are all I have on my phone. I apologize for the sideways pics. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Lol

Last edited:
Back