CPM-M4 G10-Ti Framelock Military?

take time out for a mini-rant of mine concerning the fluted titanium. fluting is a rocess wherein you hammer/press a sheet of metal to produce ridges on an otherwise blank sheet. the ridges are duplicated on the opposite side, as a result. well that's not the case with the ti military. one side has parallel grooves machined on it. call it a groovy ti, not fluted.

You are making my rifles with "fluted" barrels nervous. :eek: :D

I don’t need a lesson on how supply and demand works. I’m just saying I’m not willing to pay that kind of premium to a guy that paid $210 just so I can get it and make a user out of it. The knife just isn’t worth that much money. If it was sold at the $300+ price tag then the re-sale at that price would be understood. It’s a $200 knife. I’m not a collector. Some person buying one just to flip it and make money isn’t something I’ll allow myself to get involved in. This isn’t real-estate. I can afford to buy one at the $300+ price tag, I’m just not morally going to allow myself to purchase one under those circumstances. It would be a bad investment on my part. I don’t care how many were made. That’s just not my style. We’re not talking real commodities being traded on the open market. It’s a knife. I guarantee if you asked Sal what he thought about this he would say “No comment”.

I feel bad for starting this thread actually because no doubt some people will be bothered by my thoughts. I just didn’t realize this kind of thing was going on with these knives. I stopped collecting in 2007 and this wasn’t such a big thing at the time. I have spent high dollar amounts on custom and mid-tech knives so it’s not the price that I don’t like, it’s the morals of it. It’s not like the prices went up over the years due to popularity. It’s like this... Spyderco releases a knife you buy it then the run is over and you double your money. That is flat out greed and the people willing to pay the prices are more to blame as those charging them. They are driving the market and are the problem. As an enthusiast I can’t allow myself to be a part of that kind of nonsense. I’d rather not have the knife.

This is a good comment. Flippers (people who buy anticipating higher demand and flip for profit) lurk everywhere all the time.

Overall, I'm with you. 2nd market prices (heck even some 1st market prices) on production knives can get ridiculous. I don't like participating in that non-sense either.

Back