• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

CPM154 Gyuto with Amboyna Burl and African Blackwood *SOLD*

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi guys,
I'm offering this CPM154 Gyuto that I've just finished up. It has stabilized Amboyna burl scales with African Blackwood bolsters and black paper micarta liners. The pins are copper corby bolts. The bolsters are tapered to accommodate a pinch grip. The balance point is just in front of the bolsters. The edge before sharpening is 0.01" and the heel height is 1.9".
Specs:
OAL: 13.5" (342mm)
Blade: 8.75" (220mm) 0.1" CPM154 hand sanded to 600 grit. HT to 60 RC by Peter's. Heel height 1.9"
Handle: Stabilized Amboyna Burl (by K&G) with African Blackwood bolsters. Black paper micarta liners and copper corby bolts
Spine and finger choil rounded.
$SOLD shipped CONUS. Paypal, check, money order accepted. International buyers inquire regarding shipping costs.
post "i'll take it" in this post and then PM or email me to work out payment details.
robertericksonknives at gmail.com
comments/critiques/questions welcome!

Last edited:
This is a stunning knife, and a fool of a deal for someone. I hope I'm not out of line for pointing this out, and if I am please tell me and I'll edit this, but just glancing at what you've used and knowing what that takes, you're barely covering the cost of materials and supplies at this price, if even that!

This is a stunning knife, and a fool of a deal for someone. I hope I'm not out of line for pointing this out, and if I am please tell me and I'll edit this, but just glancing at what you've used and knowing what that takes, you're barely covering the cost of materials and supplies at this price, if even that!

Thanks so much! I'm really excited about this knife. I took it for a test drive in the kitchen last night and I find it equally as sharp as the 52100 chef I made my wife.

GREAT knife at a GREAT price! Someone will hit the jackpot with this one. Super clean looking knife, Mr Erickson.

I feel guilty for not purchasing this because it's priced so low. Amazing knife. I especially love the African black wood.

GREAT knife at a GREAT price! Someone will hit the jackpot with this one. Super clean looking knife, Mr Erickson.

I feel guilty for not purchasing this because it's priced so low. Amazing knife. I especially love the African black wood.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback! It's a great knife and I know it's going to make a great addition to someone's kitchen. I don't think future gyutos will be priced like this as they do take a ton of work.

Last edited:
The knife arrived today. It is outstanding. Great size, shape, handle, blade, and even better looking in person! Thank you!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price on this? Could you make me another like it? Shoot me an email if you have the time.

Nice grab new guy! Good to see a full sized chef knife for sale on here. So many on his forum look great but are just too small for my use. Nice knife,, nice price, Russ.

Thanks Russ

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price on this? Could you make me another like it? Shoot me an email if you have the time.

Hi tantrik77, Your profile page doesn't list an email address. If you're interested in a knife you can email me at robertericksonknives at gmail dot com.
Thanks!

I am sorry, I keep coming back to look at this, Man I would love to have that beauty at work. Once again, very knice work.
Russ

I am sorry, I keep coming back to look at this, Man I would love to have that beauty at work. Once again, very knice work.
Russ

Thanks again Russ! I definitely have more of these in the works.

Back