1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

CrabShackGanzaaa!!!! . . . This Thursday, April 25, 2019. . . 9:00pm Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
  2. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Busse wont be at Blade this year, better not miss tonight's midnight ganza:oops: :thumbsup:

3. 1980Called

1980Called

Oct 23, 2018
    On the dark side: damn.

On the bright side: more money to spend on $15 Chinese flippers!

Honestly, so many deceptive times for the crab-gasm have been joked about I had to go back to the origin email to figure out the truth. 4/25/19 9pm pacific.

4. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    In case any of you missed it, Grab Bags were added to this ganza yesterday. See Jerry's original post for all the details on the Grab Bags.

Garth

5. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Shut the front door!

6. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It is good to see success stories. I've actually become friends with 3 patients I have flown.

Even 1 success is reason enough for me to continue.

Thanks.

duramax likes this.
  7. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    Meh, I'd love to buy some grab bags, but the discount keeps getting smaller and smaller, eventually too small to justify. The first few rounds were 37.5% off, then to 25%, now this time is 20% off.

The first few times you could spend $1,000 and get $1,600 worth (37.5% off)
    Then last year it was $1,000 for $1,337 worth (25.2% off)
    This time is $1,157 for $1,450 (20.2% off)

I might still go for one or two just for fun, but I'm not going for a ton of them like I have before.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    CataD, zmbhntr, Crosier and 1 other person like this.
  8. Veilside67r1

Veilside67r1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2017

Agreed, not saying anything negative about the great people at Busse, but i miss the $1000 got you $1600 days. It spoiled me rotten for all other grab bags.

9. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    452695D4-2D6C-4304-8517-A4903BFE93EF.jpeg Aaaaand they’re off!!!!

MacLaren1 likes this.
  10. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Only 1 hour to go and it's game on!!! :D :p:eek::thumbsup:

11. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Trying for a sweet Whiskey Warden!

WatermanChris likes this.
  12. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Agree completely. Especially with the price of multi colored G10 now, it’s just not a risk I can justify anymore. Another reason I miss the old days.

13. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Email sent at 8:00:00 CDT. Either I'll be among the first, of among the last, depending on whether the clocks sync up. If I'm among the first, anyone going for 10A, 11A, or 11C is outta luck.

14. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Seems super quiet for Ganzaaa night. Did I get the day wrong?

15. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Ganzaa was yesterday bro. They're always on Wednesdays, you know this.

16. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    You can't fool me. I know it was tonight, but I guess I must have been a nanosecond early. Otherwise, why would Jerry have posted this:

17. knifelover1973

knifelover1973

Jul 15, 2014
    i put in for the 3B or the 1B.hope i can get the 3B

18. DanR217

DanR217 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Crap! I forgot :(

If whoever scores 1B decides they don't want it I'll take it off their hands :D

19. Ryan28801

Ryan28801

Aug 28, 2006
    Got my email out to Garth very soon after 9. Then about 9:50, my phone notified me Amy's email failed to send. :eek:
    I went ahead and sent it anyway, but doubting I have any chance, unless my phone is toying with me, and it did somehow go thru. That's very wishful thinking though. Im expecting nothing, so I won't be too disappointed.o_O Pretty well sums up my life lately !

If I missed it, as I expect, should anyone end up with one of the Whiskey Wardens they don't particularly care for, please let me know! You can text me at 252-751-7241
    Got my fingers crossed for something to work out. Just wanting one Warden.:D 5C would be GREAT, but I don't recall any I'd turn down.
    I didn't even have any drinks before, I had my emails typed and ready, waiting in my drafts, I was ready.
    I guess I wasn't properly lubricated, a few drinks beforehand would surely have calmed me down, and both emails would have gone out seamlessly. Live and learn.
    But, my phone decided to dole out retribution for dropping it earlier, and getting a crack in my screen..I tested it, the screen crack doesn't affect me sending emails. :(

20. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I wasn't able to pick up my phone until midnight; so I didn't even bother.
    I was interested in a whiskey warden, as well; but there were only a few I would have considered...and, I'd guess those went early.
    Good luck to all that participated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.