1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cracked blade?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Ironbut, Dec 11, 2017.

1. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Mar 19, 2002
    Time doesn't seem to have much bearing when these things happen. have seen it happen to knives with many years on them. (BG-42 Sebenzas).
    Could be something as minor as temperature that causes a problem.

2. nbp

nbp Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I had that happened to me in the same spot on a ZT 0551 with an Elmax blade, and that's an even thicker heavier blade. ZT replaced the blade under warranty and I'm certain any reputable manufacturer would do the same.

3. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    USPS Tracking shows that the knife was delivered on Thursday. I'm sure it's a busy time of year for them, but maybe they'll get a chance to look at it this week & let me know what's going on.

4. zephy5

zephy5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I've not but have seen it once or twice before.

5. FordFan

FordFan Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Did you ever hear back from CRK on the cracked blade? Just curious how this all work d out.

6. Ironbut

Mar 1, 2016
    Yes. I got an email from Kayla in CS, on 12/18 saying that they got it & they'd get it turned around as soon as possible.

Edit: Date corrected.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. Ironbut

Mar 1, 2016
    Update: My Starbenza 25 has a new blade & I'll have it back soon. CS just called to confirm my shipping address & inform me that they'll be emailing a UPS tracking number shortly.

8. Ironbut

Mar 1, 2016
    OK. My 25 made it back from Idaho & is in my pocket again. Turn around was exactly one month after confirmation of receipt from CRK & that includes the Christmas & New Year holidays, plus an extra delay yesterday by UPS due to snow.

Korean Hog and gotgoat like this.