Cripple Creek Cattleman

I kinda like the blades on this fella.
Greg

orig.tif

Greg,
Seeing your Cripple Creek collection is like chinese water torture.

Each one sends you crazy.
And you wait like crazy,for the next one to send you crazy.

A very special knife.
Thanks for showing!

Neeman

Just a beautiful knife. It is great to see these.
Gave my dad a stag barlow by Bob a few months ago on his birthday and he was thrilled.

Greg,
It is a pleasure seeing you CC collection, thanks for posting. I am not that familiar with Patterns, what would you call this one I found in a pawn shop? Paid $20, can't find anything that is not original, please forgive poor photos. Old's mans disease.
attachment.php

Hope you do mind me asking and showing.
Jim

There were 10 original patterns of Cripple Creeks and were called the 10 Little Indians.
Yours is #1 in the line up or a LI-1 pattern (little indian #1) which is the all around favorite
and most made pattern. Lots of different configurations of this same frame.
Here's a photo of the line up with the patterns numbered accordingly. LI-1 thru LI-10
I posted a whole string of the LI-1's in a thread a while back with different scales.
Greg

orig.jpg

There is a new website about Cripple Creeks that Soulmanticore is doing quite a job of giving birth to at this link:
http://www.freewebs.com/cripplecreekknifecollector/
Should prove to be pretty informative and is still growing. The Gallery is filling up with photos of all kinds of Cripple Creeks. If you click on the thumbnail of an image and then hit "full size" the photos show up quite well. Even the ones that appear to be grey boxes without a photo. Check it out, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Greg

Very nice Greg,

I have always enjoyed you're phenomenal Cargill collection, which by the way is the best there is on planet earth, and likely always will be!. :D.. Thanks brother!:thumbup:

Anyway,

Here is a #1 in MOP. The 5th Anniversary 1981-1986..

000_1814.jpg

000_1811.jpg

000_1813.jpg

The single blade LI-1 is a great little knife. They're perfect pocket size and like most Cripple Creeks they're high carbon steel.
Greg

Some real beauties, as always, with you guys. :thumbup::thumbup:

Here is my little oddball.....

2m2fkty.jpg

t7lkpj.jpg

.....looks kind of like an LI-7 I guess, but single satin blade with just a Cripple Creek etch, and no date. Maybe a parts-on-hand knife? But, I like it just the same. :D

Bill

Woa hoa Greg, now there is one you just don't see every day. Thank you for sharing that one kind sir!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there James, How bout being a considerate soul and showing us that wonderful Cargill three blade Peanut hybrid of your'n?, purdy please!

Here ya go!
attachment.php

attachment.php

I like it, unusual, BRL contacted several known collectors of Cargill and said none of them had seen this one, so I do think it is a RARE one indeed. Bob did tell me, after making it, that he had so much trouble getting it right he did not think he would make another, so I don't think he did, I have no idea where #1 is. Perhaps with family.
James

Back