1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    That happens sometimes.

2. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Yes it does. We have made up for now.

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

3. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    Double post

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    Things have not gone my way for the last few weeks. I also have not carried my peanut for a few weeks. Partly by choice and partly due to travel. Coincidence? I even lost a knife....

I'm glad to have the case peanut back in my pocket. I'm a fortunate fellow and truly have nothing to complain about. Using my peanut today for a few chores was enjoyable.

It turns out I really like the half stops on a small knife. Anyone else? I have been looking at other brands of peanut and may not get them because of the lack of half stops.

[​IMG]

5. Jeff_R

Jeff_R

Aug 12, 2015
    I find that half stops on small knives like peanuts are really convenient when closing the knife one-handed. With them I can push the blade with my index finger to the half stop position, then reposition the knife in my hand to finish closing the knife with my thumb. Takes a lot longer to describe than to do it. :D

6. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    It has been a full week with the peanut as my only knife in the pocket. It has taken some getting used to as I used to be a tacticool knife kind of guy but my eyes have been opened since I got this nut. It has done everything I have asked of it without a problem. No more mall ninja knife fantasies for me. This knife, and other traditionals for that fact, are plenty of knife for me. And we don't have a mall where I live. The peanut is going to be in my pocket for a long time.Thanks to my kids for such a great Christmas gift.[emoji41]

7. Eric J

Eric J

Oct 29, 2005
    Great! The Peanut is all that it is touted to be.

8. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    I also use the pen blade as much or more than the main clip.

9. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [emoji106]

10. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    I like that the pin keeps its thickness all the way to the tip. Makes for a stout little blade for heavier work.

11. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    I am guilty of light prying, but never with the clip. :p

12. jackknife

jackknife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    With a little care, the pen blade tip can be used to make a starter hole for a wood screw. Gently!

13. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    I am finding the peanut is a very handy companion. I still like my trapper but im loving my peanut. I find the peanut does all my cutting as good as the trapper.

14. Captain O

Captain O Banned BANNED

Apr 14, 2015
    The mighty Peanut... Is there anything (within reason) it can't do? :thumbup:

15. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [emoji106]

16. hamsco

hamsco

Oct 30, 2015
    This thread needs more pictures. So in honor of Stag Saturday...

Case Stag CV 1970, Rapid River Red Stag 2008 (Probably made by Queen)
    [​IMG]

Case Single Blade Stag 1986 SS
    [​IMG]

17. fishcakes

fishcakes

Apr 18, 2015
    Is that a single blade with swedges?! Be still my beating heart

18. Jeff_R

Jeff_R

Aug 12, 2015
    I'm finding that even though I have carried smaller pen knives, there's just something beguiling about the compact but not-too-small peanut jackknife. It really has served well for every task I've asked of it.

19. FelineGirl

FelineGirl

Jul 5, 2016
    I have been carrying a Case peanut (I think I have seven or eight of them now) for about six months. I carry one every day no matter what, usually paired with a SAK and another larger slipjoint. My peanuts easily see more action than any other knife I own. Although, tonight I did use my SAK Sportsman coupled with an allen wrench to install a new seat on my bike. [emoji1338] I find numerous uses for my peanut every day. I've probably used the blue bone Case peanut in my pocket at the moment ten times today. So useful! This is why I often gift peanuts to people. [emoji4]

Alex

20. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [emoji106] im the same way. Every time I need to cut something I go to the peanut more and more. I used to think I needed a top notch steel of the month tacticool blade. Then I got a trapper and even dull it cuts better than those thick bladed modern knives. Should have known better as I was raised on traditionals. Guess I have came back to my knife roots. Now the peanut has a permanent spot in my pocket and gets called on without hesitation.