1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    The Cult has been quiet lately :)
    How about something fancy...
    Case_Peanut_bail_01.jpg

2. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've always felt that a bail was the one thing missing from any peanut. The ability to mount it on a watch chain, should be available for such a stylish and useful little pocket knife.

3. TrapperMike

TrapperMike Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 23, 2016
    That sure is fancy. That be a true gents knife there.:thumbsup:

WolfyW and waverave like this.
  4. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    My small collection of Peanuts. Case whiskey bone cv, Schrade (USA) 120T Pal single blade, Remington single blade - pretty sure it was made by Camillus, and an Imperial (USA).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I just "liked" one or two posts from the dawn of time. Sometimes I seem to turn up on page one instead of "first unread".
    I had a purple peanut with a pink Peace sign and a bail. May be I can get it back from my cousin one day.

Prester John, waverave and JohnDF like this.
  6. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    I added a AAA flashlight but otherwise have the same daily carry

great little cutters

TrapperMike and jacktrades_nbk like this.
  7. JofAllTrades

JofAllTrades

Jul 19, 2014
    I always have a maglite solitaire LED on a tec-clip in my right front pocket.

Much like the peanut, it's used nearly daily!

That said... may stray a bit to the pen-knife side for a smidge if I decide to acquire one of those pretty Buck 305 Lancers with the long pull on the main blade.

Seems a close enough cousin to the peanut to be sanctioned.

jacktrades_nbk and TrapperMike like this.
  8. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    The peanut is still my edc knife. Keep it sharp and it is plenty of knife for me. It has been in my pocket everyday for 2 1\2 years now.

jacktrades_nbk, JohnDF and WolfyW like this.
  9. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Mike how’s this EDC working out? Has anything been added/ removed? I know the peanut is still on duty :cool:

10. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    @JaxBaron
    I removed the bit kit. I kept misplacing them. I also put the wrench away for now. The vise grip has been doing good for me as pliers or a little wrench when needed. Still looking for a better screwdriver option. Have not been able to find a sears 4 way here in my area and haven't got around to ordering one just yet. So for know my sak is my screwdriver option. The peanut gets all the cutting chores.

11. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    My little brown legume is still hanging though.

12. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Mike, I've been carrying the little Victoriox quatro in my wallet and it's worked out great. I didn't like it at first, being so used to the Sear's 4-way, but it grew on me and it has two much better shaped dedicated Phillips bits on it. They are available many places and not above 2 dollars most places. I keep it on a thin nylon cord in the zipper compartment of my wallet with the P-38 I've had since my army days. It's great for small Phillips screws.

waverave and TrapperMike like this.
  13. Wardo46

Wardo46

Jun 26, 2015
    Where are you finding them for $2? I just looked on the big river site and they are $6.71 and have 21% 1-star reviews.

14. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    2561CA14-F7E4-4971-BF09-D2FD53B900B7.jpeg
    The peanut helped me put a little leader line on my finesse rod. Hope everyone in the cult is have a great Saturday!

Fodderwing, chuck4570, WolfyW and 6 others like this.
  15. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    I was searching the great web, and found a place with optics in the name and a thing that was one of the 9 big round things that orbit the sun. They had them for 2 bucks about two years ago.

16. Wardo46

Wardo46

Jun 26, 2015
    Sure enough, still available. Thank you.

17. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Good!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like I said, I didn't like it at first. My problem was, I was directly comparing it to the Sears that I was still carrying. But when I went cold turkey and made myself put the sears in the drawer and just carry the Vic quatro, I found that it did work at its intended task very good.

It was kind of like the peanut; I didn't really appreciate it until I actually put my 'other' knives away and just plunged in and just carried the peanut. I found that I didn't die, the world kept on spinning, and there was no rip in the space-time continuum, and it all worked out well. My mistrust was based on how small the thing really is, but like most Victorinox products, it did work. Now I'm a convert. The quatro lives in my wallet with my P-38, that I will never give up.

Hallelujah and yee-haa!
    :D

18. stevekolt

stevekolt KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2007
    Well, here's my start into the twisted world of the mighty legume. This years Collectors Club, and a Bare Head stag, and the sides are pretty thick. Heading out in a minute to get a Yellar CV nut...

[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    A Yellow CV, a beautiful blue jigged bone, and a barehead stag... I'd say you have all your bases covered there. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

20. stevekolt

stevekolt KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2007
    Is the Trappernut still being produced? I can't seem to find one other than a 2012 Collectors Club version.