Cult Of The Watch Pocket Carry.

It figures out about right to me. For the obvious reason shown below, I never carry a knife in my watch pocket.

100_3064.jpg

I used to carry a pocket watch back in the early to mid 60's. They were easy to find, sold in most drug stores of the time and I believe were US made. Seeing the one in the image makes me think I should go back to my roots in time pieces. They're easier to read, for older eyes. :D

Keys, what to do with them? 14 on me now, the standard EDC is 12. And that's only half of them which are on another ring to lighten the load. Belt carry worked till my kids said it made me look like a janitor. :D

The pockets for the keys and wallet stay the same, the knife carry changes all the time. Less daylight means more flashlight carry this time of year.

Still use larger knives for most of the work I do, but since carrying, using Peanuts and Jacks, I find there are a lot of things a smaller blade is good for. Now I wish they would make jeans with left and right watch pockets.

If I carry a pocket watch, I keep looking at my wrist. I have worn a wrist watch since I was 7.

Nowadays, it seems that my main criterion for choosing a knife is that it will comfortably fit in the watch pockets of my 501s and chinos. for the past several months it's been this:

IMG_1987RSZ.jpg

but I have carried up to a 3318HE without any complaints. The key for me is a slim profile + rounded bolsters.

Nowadays, it seems that my main criterion for choosing a knife is that it will comfortably fit in the watch pockets of my 501s and chinos. for the past several months it's been this:

IMG_1987RSZ.jpg

but I have carried up to a 3318HE without any complaints. The key for me is a slim profile + rounded bolsters.

Great knife! I've been carrying the jack version in my watch pocket and I think I will again this weekend.

Watch pocket typically has a GEC #25, Burnt stag.

IMAG0582.jpg

I just have a hard time leaving it home. If I am wearing jeans, into the watch pocket it goes.

IMAG0571.jpg

I carry two slip sheaths, so typically have 4 traditional in my pockets. Small, medium, medium/large and large.

I used to carry in the watch pocket from time to time. The only thing that I didn't like about it was having to search my pockets for the knife when wearing a different type of pants or shorts. I decided to switch to the left front no matter what I'm wearing. That way I don't have to think about where it is when I need it and it's more noticeable when missing because I'm used to it being in the same spot all the time.

I always carry a Peanut in my watch pocket. Only problem is that I got a new smartphone and when I take it out of my pocket, it sometimes catches on the bulge. This causes my Peanut to pop out in public.

I've gone as far as to carry a Zippo in my watch pocket on a couple of occasions. With that being said I've never given much credence in carrying a traditional pattered folder there, but I suppose such a place would be an excellent place to tote a Peanut or the like (I happen to be quite partial to the Buck 309) on my person. I might give it a shot once I find my yellow Delrin CV Peanut or maybe even my Buck 309.

I only have a couple of pairs of pants that have a watch pocket. Even if they all did, that type of carry doesn't work for me since I'm left handed. My peanut goes in my left hand pocket. Of course it's all scratched up from keys, change and other things that get dropped into that pocket. The other pocket stays free of items that can scratch since my phone lives there. A peanut will function fine with a few scratches. My phone's screen doesn't fare as well.

I always carry a Peanut in my watch pocket. Only problem is that I got a new smartphone and when I take it out of my pocket, it sometimes catches on the bulge. This causes my Peanut to pop out in public.

don't read this sentence aloud very quickly

It figures out about right to me. For the obvious reason shown below, I never carry a knife in my watch pocket.

100_3064.jpg

A pocket watch in your watch pocket... I'm impressed.

Back pocket carry at work, watch pocket carry when not, pretty exclusively. You can fit a Barlow neatly in a watch pocket but I usually carry a smaller knife while not at work.

I carry my Case PM Old Red stockman in my watch pocket and have carried knives this way for a long time. I have noticed jeans are changing the last pair of Wranglers I bought three months ago the watch pocket is so small a peanut sticks out.

I carry relatively small knives, so I could choose the watch pocket carry strategy myself wth no issue.
The truth is, I tried, and went back. When I reach for my knife, my hand goes right into the right front pocket. So, I tend to leave the watch pocket for coins (in the Euroland, we're overtaken by coins, and I never really liked them, so I keep them stuck in the watch pocket).

Fausto
:cool:

I carry relatively small knives, so I could choose the watch pocket carry strategy myself wth no issue.
The truth is, I tried, and went back. When I reach for my knife, my hand goes right into the right front pocket. So, I tend to leave the watch pocket for coins (in the Euroland, we're overtaken by coins, and I never really liked them, so I keep them stuck in the watch pocket).

Fausto
:cool:

100 $ agreed :) And the watch pockets seem to be smaller in Euroland than in the US. I can hardly get a Peanut in there, it works and a small Bic lighter, but then the watch pocket is really stuck with stuff.

And the coins are always in my wallet - as Fausto already said we have a lot of coins - that weights sometimes a ton and more is always (!) in my EDC-bag...

The Schrade Third Gen. 628 rides real nice in a watch pocket.
DSCN1819.jpg

(the first one from the left)

Back