• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current Ebay Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is perfectly acceptable for an individual to list a knife as new, as long as it has not been used and remained in box, etc. People do it here hundreds of times every day. I don't see it has to come directly from the manufacturer or official dealer to claim as such. It's quite an acceptable practice.

The issue here seems to be the times he has bought here as carried/lightly used and then lists on eBay as NIB etc.
I do not see him as a super villain. But, I can't say I approve of all the things he seems to be doing either. If people don't like it, don't sell to him here or buy from him on eBay. I have found this thread to be of some value.

Yes- not a super villain. More of an annoyance. An annoyance in a hobby for us that we use to get away from real life annoyances.

Just like being the first to list the new Northwoods Coolidge jack and of course using stock photos. Of course not in hand unless he drove and got them himself.

MP95B20 MP95B20 listings :
LOYcUMy.jpg

Yes- not a super villain. More of an annoyance. An annoyance in a hobby for us that we use to get away from real life annoyances.

At present he is more than an annoyance IMO, but it wouldn't take that much effort to get there. He just needs to stop using others photo's and text and give accurate descriptions. He would still be a flipper but at least an honest one. They can still be annoying but I do believe in capitalism.

He dishonestly reused some pictures and an item description?
That hardly qualifies as extremely dishonest in any book.
Has he cheated someone? Go read his feedback, none of those people look sad....

My only contact was actually buying the knife listed as new but was used,
It's in my pocket...
He brought it to my attention that he had made a mistake, he discounted the blade.
I fail to see the dishonesty...

Every thief has their apologist, sad to see it coming from a moderator.

"Dishonestly using some pictures and an item description " as you've described is a violation of Federal copyright law. Doesn't matter how you feel about the level of dishonesty, he's a liar and a thief and you're defending him and his actions because you got a good deal apparently.

"JohnWE, post: 19058474, member: 365204"]Every thief has their apologist
I still have yet to see the person who has been stolen from? Are we still going on about re-using pix from a knife he bought?
That's a big leap..
Calling someone a thief that has not stolen anything may in fact cross a line...
I would bet that in the last week you have broken a law or two, some you don't even know about.

I am the moderator of a dead forum over in archived, so not really,,,

How many times can you do something and people still consider it a mistake? Just asking for someone. Someone named Mac.

I could care less if he buys and resells knives. That has been done for thousands of years.
But there is no doubt that he is dishonest. Stop defending the lies and deceit.
LIES AND DECEIT< MY MY MY< PEOPLE GROW UP< A HATER WILL HATE< THATS JUST WHAT ALL DO< YOU REALLY DIDNT HAVE TO FABRICATE A REASON, A COUPLE OF YOU LOST OUT ON KNIVES AND ARE PISSED, FOLLOW MY REGIME, SPENDS HOURS WAITING ON A DEAL TO DROP, THEN BUY IT, HOLD IT FOR 6 MONTHS THEN SELL IT AND CLEAR 20-30 BUCKS. I LOVE KNIVES, I'VE BEEN DOING BASICALLY THE SAME THING FOR 10 YEARS, YOU ARE THE ONLY BUNCH OF BABIES TO CRY LIKE THIS. i'VE TRULY NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT, BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VENT, IT'S NO SWEAT TO ME, I'M JUST FLIPPING ALONG LIKE ALWAYS, YALL HAVE A GOOD ONE NOW, MAC

Then why does it say so in your Ebay listings? Further, why are you listing used items as new on Ebay?
IT DOES NOT SAY I'M A DEALER IN A SINGE LISTING, IF I MADE A MISTAKE ONE OUT OF 100'S OF LISTINGS THEN GUILTY AS CHARGES , I'M NOT PERFECT. AND THE GUY STEELNUT PAID MY ASKING PRICE, NO COLLUSION, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS A BLADE FORUM MEMBER. HEH YOU GUYS ARE WASTING A LOT OF ENERGY YOU COULD SPEND ON KNIVES, AND HAVE MORE TO SHOW FOR, IF I MAKE AN ERROR IN A LISTING I'LL BE THE ONE TO PAY FOR IT, NOT YOU. I'M NOT ALL UP IN YOUR BUSINESS, YET. YALL DO KNOW WHAT I DID IN THE ARMY FOR 26 YEARS.MAC

Here in town we've got a few houses or groups of folks who spend their weekends scouring garage sales. Then every month or two they have their own sale and flip all the stuff they bought.

They go early, bargain hard and try to scoop all the "good" stuff first. One house even has their whole basement decked out with shelves like a store.

For some of them it's a secondary income. For others it's just how they pass the time. Seems like this one fit's in that same pigeonhole.

LIES AND DECEIT< MY MY MY< PEOPLE GROW UP< A HATER WILL HATE< THATS JUST WHAT ALL DO< YOU REALLY DIDNT HAVE TO FABRICATE A REASON, A COUPLE OF YOU LOST OUT ON KNIVES AND ARE PISSED, FOLLOW MY REGIME, SPENDS HOURS WAITING ON A DEAL TO DROP, THEN BUY IT, HOLD IT FOR 6 MONTHS THEN SELL IT AND CLEAR 20-30 BUCKS. I LOVE KNIVES, I'VE BEEN DOING BASICALLY THE SAME THING FOR 10 YEARS, YOU ARE THE ONLY BUNCH OF BABIES TO CRY LIKE THIS. i'VE TRULY NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT, BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VENT, IT'S NO SWEAT TO ME, I'M JUST FLIPPING ALONG LIKE ALWAYS, YALL HAVE A GOOD ONE NOW, MAC

Do you think using all CAPS helps?
You've been busted listing used knives as new (and you are still doing it)
You've been busted using other people pictures without permission
You've been busted stealing other peoples writings without permission
You've been busted saying you are a GEC dealer when you are not.
You lie about all of this being a "mistake" over and over.
You have zero credibility.
And it's all your fault.
Rebuilding your character and credibility will take some time.
Good luck with that.
You are off to a very poor start

You knowingly list things as new that are used. You are cheating buyers for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back