• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Blind Horse Knives Scatty Crafter (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Decided to sell my custom Blind Horse Knives Scatty Crafter. A beautiful example of a one off custom.

Specs:

Tapered tang, made of 01 steel, flat ground, 1 and a 1/3 inches wide, and 4 and 6/16th's long, with a 4" cutting length, and 3/16ths" thick. Blade has a beautiful patina, with a mirror finish convex bevel. The spine has been squared at BHK for striking steel, or scraping tinder.

Handles are white snakeskin micarta, with black liners, secured with fish eye bolts, and lanyard tube. Handle is 5 and 5/16's in length.

The leather sheath is dark brown, with a lighter brown stitching, has a fire steel loop, and has been treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP by the original owner. You can see some of it in the seams in one of the photos. The firesteel is not included, just stuck it in there for photos.

I consider myself very fortunate to get a chance to own this incredible knife. It has the most comfortable handle I've ever held, bar none. I have rather large hands, and it fits like it was made for me. You large handed gents would love this thing. I have literally used it to make a feather stick, and to scrape some shavings, to see how sharp the spine was, as you can see in the photos. That's it, other than getting it out, and looking at it from time to time.

I've decided to sell it for 2 reasons. One, I can't make myself use it, as it's just too damn purty, and a one off custom. And 2, I need some funds. It's really hard to sell this one.

I contacted L.T. Wright of L.T. Wright Knives, former half owner of Blind Horse Knives via email about this knife. He said there were very few customs of the Scatty Crafter made that had a tapered tang, and about this knife in particular, "As far as I know...we have only built the one in that configuration." So, there is only one in existence with this particular configuration, and there will never be another like it, as Blind Horse Knives has dissolved as a company.

Here's some photos of it:

Sheathed. You can see the Obenaufs in the stitching:

1.png

A few shots of the knife itself, blade, and edge:

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Tapered tang. You can see where the spine has been sharpened:

6.png

7.png

8.png

3.png

4.png

Feather stick. This blade works like a dream:

8.png

9.png

Scrapings made with the spine:

10.png

$SOLD shipped, Paypal, gift, or add 3%. CONUS only please. First ย“Iย’ll take itย” followed by PM gets the item. Time stamp rules apply, as this will be posted on other forums. Reserve the right to refuse any and all offers. Also, will not sell to people with no feedback. Sorry. Not interested in trades, need the cash. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Email sent. SPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back