• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Hardwood Scales

Hey everyone,

New to the forum here. I am an experienced woodworker with 10+ years of high end custom guitar building under my belt. I just started a business making custom wood scales and I would like to throw it out here that my services are available if you are looking to recover your knife. I prefer to steer clear of open assist blades or anything with a spring. I also offer custom shell inlays.4leafclover1.jpg 4leafclover2.jpg IMG_20200430_152206_743.jpg IMG_20200430_171934_931.jpg IMG_20200430_180134_059.jpg IMG_20200630_100130_832.jpg If you are interested DM me!

Check out my website here: https://trifectcustom.shop/

Thank you! I am currently building my portfolio and taking on new knives. What is the make and model that you are interested in?

I was thinking of a few:

1) Spyderco Para 3

2) Hinderer XM-18 3"

3) Emerson Micro Commander (these have become rare, but I would endeavor to find one if you do custom builds)

4) I also have a Cold Steel Spartan that is a great blade with hideous scales...if you could make it beautiful, I'm a customer!!

I was thinking of a few:

1) Spyderco Para 3

2) Hinderer XM-18 3"

3) Emerson Micro Commander (these have become rare, but I would endeavor to find one if you do custom builds)

4) I also have a Cold Steel Spartan that is a great blade with hideous scales...if you could make it beautiful, I'm a customer!!

I just got a Para 3 from @foofie to make the scales for as well as a Smock. So I will be working on those here this week. But I am open to accepting new knives. By the looks of it I am willing to take on the Emerson Micro Commander and the Cold Steel Spartan. Go ahead and DM me if you would like to do it!

See attached. Was thinking of having it done in walnut or goncalo alves. Whaddya think?
th

Currently I am not accepting any new build orders. I have found that it is difficult to justify the time to make the programming for one off knives. I have around 9 different models available (not all are on the website). I will be changing my business plan from build to order to build and sell. So you will start seeing on www.trifectcustom.shop one off availability for every knife scale. Once I clear out these current orders I will be posting only scales that have already been built and they will have a limited quantity available.

Hope this makes sense to you all. Please feel free to DM me with any questions you may have. Thank you for all of your support!

Ok, now we’re cooking! Doing batch work on popular models should make for more reasonable costs and availablity.

Do you only work with wood? I have a folder I'd like a pair of Terotuf scales made for... I have the Terotuf on hand.

Can you make custom scales for a kabar snody big boss knife? I would be interested in a pair.

Back