• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom knives and handles offered. Haw Creek Bladeworks

Did you sell the large (Bowie looking) knife that was located on the left side of you sign, last pic. If not, what are you asking..

That knife is not sold. It is a very large knife. 11 3/4 inch blade. The steel is Cr V 2 . 3/8 thick. It was a display special at some shows. The handle is brown Micarta, and very comfortable. It was used to demo chop, and for customers to handle.

We do have it for sale currently. I am open for offers, and the asking price is 485.00

Feedback time!
I had Brian take a custom Kephart inspired knife that I had made for me and rework her. She was extremely rear-end heavy and I wasn't in love with the handles they were to slick. I paid good money for the knife and I hated it. The Bladesmith that made it, took way to long and after the sale, I was left on my own.
Brian reduced the weight in the rear and out some sweet green canvas Micarta slabs on her. He left them grippy like I desired.
This is NOW my favorite knife. Brian is a WIZARD and with every penny he charges.
Thank you my friend.

Brian, if you'd like to chime in and elaborate....feel free.
Sorry everybody, I realized I had a slight typo. Before Brian worked his magic on my knife, I NEVER used it. I hated it. It just didn't feel right in the hand.
Boy does it now, and how! I LOVE this knife!!!

Last edited:
Feedback time!
I had Brian take a custom Kephart inspired knife that I had made for me and rework her. She was extremely rear-end heavy and I wasn't in love with the handles they were to slick. I paid good money for the knife and I hated it. The Bladesmith that made it, took way to long and after the sale, I was left on my own.
Brian reduced the weight in the rear and out some sweet green canvas Micarta slabs on her. He left them grippy like I desired.
This is not my favorite knife. Brian is a WIZARD and with every penny he charges.
Thank you my friend.

Brian, if you'd like to chime in and elaborate....feel free.
Thank you. It was a fun project. It definitely changed the handling dynamics a lot. It now balances well ,and feels good.

Hello,

I'm interested in having a handle done on a Jeff White blank I have. I can also maybe supply the scales I want on it (assuming you're ok with working with the scales) - they're shadetree burlap. I'd also want to add liners to it. Is this something you could help me with and could you give me a ballpark price estimate?
Did I reply to you. I apologize if I missed this.

Brian, I have an ebony handled slipjoint, 3.60" closed length, that is too slick. Can you checker or stipple the wood to give it some grippy texture? Please PM me with details if possible.

Brian, I have an ebony handled slipjoint, 3.60" closed length, that is too slick. Can you checker or stipple the wood to give it some grippy texture? Please PM me with details if possible.
Thank you. I do not work on pocket knives. I am sorry.

I recently came across this thread... having a couple of knives in "need" of different handles, it's disappointing to see that you're no longer an active craftsman/service provider.

I need scales thicker than the original for a Spartan Horkos fixed blade knife. Can you please help me? Thank you.

Back