Custom Knives At Work.

A good knife , very good knife .Of lobster tails, red wine of Corsica, a little Camargue rice, cooking two hours a small fire and now ... nothing else has cut here ,but damn that is that we regaled

Customer photo of a bushcraft I made time ago.

t1HTpzV.jpg

Pablo

First off...I LOVE this thread!!! Glad to be a part of it finally as well. Here are 2 of my knives that I gave to family at Christmas doing what I had hoped they would do.

EDC doin work on some summer sausage

And the other getting messy out west.

I love seeing my knives at work and this thread shows Im not alone!

Matt

I like this thread.

Not sure I'd call it 'custom', but this scrap knife gets a lot of action in the kitchen, despite there being better paring knives in the block. It must be the handle.

IMG_20160501_200320-small.jpg

DSCF1232-XL.jpg

Land locked Cohos, char and rainbows caught on Saturday and smoked on Sunday. This is a fillet knife I forged out of a broken bend-test knife.

DSCF1233-XL.jpg

Ready for the brine.

DSCF1234-XL.jpg

Some salt, some brown sugar and some maple syrup.

DSCF1235-XL.jpg

In the brine for a half hour. This is where the batteries ran down in the camera. Had to keep going while the camera charged.

DSCF1232-XL.jpg

Land locked Cohos, char and rainbows caught on Saturday and smoked on Sunday. This is a fillet knife I forged out of a broken bend-test knife.

DSCF1233-XL.jpg

Ready for the brine.

DSCF1234-XL.jpg

Some salt, some brown sugar and some maple syrup.

DSCF1235-XL.jpg

In the brine for a half hour. This is where the batteries ran down in the camera. Had to keep going while the camera charged.

I think I am more impressed by the Salmon. Nice Catch.

Well I'm sharing this on because the images of this parang were shared with me by Richard L. Who ordered it form me about one year ago.

He has been using it and not being shy about it;)

I was stoked to see one of my knives being tested and beat-up and actually worked pretty hard......

Enjoy

Backpackers Parang forged 52100 with Westinghouse handles and forced patina.....doing some work......

-DON

parang in use.jpg

parang in use 3.jpg

parang in use 2.jpg

p.s. The sister knife to this Parang is for sale in the Fixed Blade Customs by Maker Area of this posting:

parang1.jpg

My uncle putting my 3V gyuto to work.

Smoked venison roast. Knife is .115 Alabama Damascus with Japanese Chestnut scales. My 10 yo daughter wouldn't stop eating it! I had to eat quick to get my share.

knives57_zps0ja67n9y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back