Custom Shop Bugout

This is good to hear. It's a nice touch offering colors in the standoffs and thumbstuds as well. I have a few ideas knocking around in my head and if I fool with the builder enough I might just end up with something I cant resist. We'll see.

I was thinking something like this :D:D:D

MluIVeO.jpg

I built a Joker-themed one, too!

Great minds! or perhaps twisted ones :D

Not to take the thread too far off topic, but when I was saving the pic I came across one I had mocked up a while back for the Barrage but never went through with. That was when they were offering colors for the coated blades, which it looks like they no longer do.

aZ3Dork.png

How do you like the g10?
It's very nice, Mr. watcher...solid. This may ruffle some feathers, but it's already been out there. This was expensive. I own a few dozen Benchmades and am lucky to be able to indulge. I don't mean to 'dis' Benchmade (I'll keep buying your knives), but this thing's (Bugout) a cash cow. I've got all kinds of knives and this model is a favorite. Please, Benchmade, throw open the door and the options, lower the price and y'all will keep plenty busy.

Alright, here she is. Grey M4 and all satin hardware. Seems like I need to do a slight adjustment on centering. Not too bad but it’ll bother me. Any tips?

oDGfR1W.jpg

That looks awesome, looks like the Grey M4 matches the finish on the Contego I've got. Mine came centered but with a slightly stiff action, I soaked the pivot in KPL for a bit then worked the action for a while. It' now one of the best actions on all of the BM's in the collection.

Alright, here she is. Grey M4 and all satin hardware. Seems like I need to do a slight adjustment on centering. Not too bad but it’ll bother me. Any tips?

oDGfR1W.jpg
That blade came out great! Almost went with that but I am a big 20cv fan and couldn't justify the price. Sorry to hear about the centering. Mine came centered and smooth. How is the action? If its tight or real loose a simple pivot adjustment could fix the centering.

That blade came out great! Almost went with that but I am a big 20cv fan and couldn't justify the price. Sorry to hear about the centering. Mine came centered and smooth. How is the action? If its tight or real loose a simple pivot adjustment could fix the centering.

Thanks for the tips guys! A little bit of pivot adjustment and then the loosening the body screws and bending trick centered things nicely. Love this thing!

I actually started out a few months ago with an orange Mini Bugout and loved that (have always liked small knives, EDC’d a mini grip for years), and took a chance on this Bugout. Man, I’ve been missing out. This is the perfect sized (and weight, and blade shape/length, etc etc) knife for me!

Hey for those who are wanting the gray G10 scales it looks like they are available again in the Custom Builder, as of this morning. Now, I wonder when and if Benchmade will add the Mini-Bugout to the family... (patiently waiting) :cool:

Does anyone have thoughts on the performance of the blade steel options? Interested in M4 vs 20cv in this knife. Also wondering if the black coating on the M4 is DLC or just cerakote.

Does anyone have thoughts on the performance of the blade steel options? Interested in M4 vs 20cv in this knife. Also wondering if the black coating on the M4 is DLC or just cerakote.

The coating is their standard Cerakote, both the black an gray finishes. Our department is having Bugouts done up for our officers, and we looked at doing a custom version so blade coating types was discussed with them. We ended up going with engraved BK-2's just to get the DLC blades.

I don't have an issue with the Cerakote, I personally have an M4 version on order. :)

TXPO

Back