Custom Shop Bugout

OK, ya bastids done gone and done a bad thing. You have me looking at the custom shop again. That never ends well for me.
Something I did notice.... when I first went on, and started clicking through, grey g10 was available.When I got to the end, I started going through the spacer/thumb-stud choices. I happened to settle on "green," but went back to change the scales from black to grey. Now grey wasn't available. I thought, "I KNOW that I saw grey g10 available! WTH?!" I started playing around more, and it appears when you get to the end, with CERTAIN colors of spacers/stud, the grey disappears from the available scale options. Very weird, I know. Maybe a software bug? Dunno.

Playing more... it appears grey scales and green spacers/stud is the options that cause the problem.

Yup. Grey scales and green spacers make it a 535-2002, which is a BHQ exclusive knife. Interesting that they’re protecting the exclusives in this way.

Ordered a custom on 10/28. Satin 20cv blade, white gfn scales, black hardware & clip, satin liners, axis bar, thumb studs & standoffs. Scales will be getting pulled off for some cf Rogue Bladeworks Carved scales. I decided on the white scales because they are the best to dye or I may just sell them. I’ll post pics once it’s all done.

Took 9 days from placing the order to my doorstep, not bad. It will be losing the white scales for some carbon fiber ones tomorrow. Easily the best action out of my other 7 bugouts.
F5-B9-B18-D-5-C91-43-C7-8106-6652-E21-C54-D9.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking knife!!! IMHO these are the best looking Bugout scales by far. I’ve been trying to score a set for months but they never seem to be available.

And the final product. Probably my favorite of my Bugouts.

Great looking knife!!! IMHO these are the best looking Bugout scales by far. I’ve been trying to score a set for months but they never seem to be available.

i believe on the Rogue Bladeworks website you can sign up for email notifications when they are back in stock. Once they were they had them listed as available for at least a few days before they sold out. The fit & finish are great, blade centered perfect the first time and just falls shut, love it.

i believe on the Rogue Bladeworks website you can sign up for email notifications when they are back in stock. Once they were they had them listed as available for at least a few days before they sold out. The fit & finish are great, blade centered perfect the first time and just falls shut, love it.

I’m on that list as well as SMKWs and haven’t gotten a email for the last couple of months. Seems like they have 533 scales in stock but nothing for the 535. Hopefully they’ll be doing a run a the large soon.

Probably true. In my case, I intend to do that, as I refuse to buy plastic. Ever since I upgraded my first Grip to g10, that was it. And consider, the Grip has never been offered with G10, except the special runs for REI, or such, which were a premium price anyway... but yeah, I see your point, completely.

Just got a shipping notice that my custom shop bugout just shipped. I will post photos once it arrives.

JonesE

So, I ordered my custom shop bugout on Wednesday the 24th of February at 6:15PM. Benchmade shipped the knife on Friday the 26th at 9:50AM and UPS delivered it today the 27th at 11:45AM. That is one quick turn and I received it faster than most dealers send out their knives. Out of the box, I got a good one. Action is good and will break in nicely. The edge was ground even. No blade play. I ordered all black hardware and black liners. Black grivory scales. Not sure if they are CF elite. It doesn’t matter anyway since I will be swapping scales anyway. Here she is in all her glory before I swap the scales. I think Benchmade’s black G10 would look good on this knife as well.

Back