Customs on order?

Just my Kit Carson M16 A1 in Stellite, with flipper, titanium bolster and CF handle.
I am also waiting for a CRK wood inlay, but that is not really considered a custom knife.

Just one:
hunter01com.jpg

------------------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

Just three for me:

Tim Herman plain uncarved sliver with D2 blade. A Herman User. A rare critter indeed
smile.gif

Schuyler Lovestrand H2 hunter with Mammoth ivory

PJ Tomes two-bladed 'moose' double lockback folder, winner of the 'most innovative folder' design for the Blade show 2000.

Paracelsus

Neil Blackwood is making me a Tac/Utility in stellite, and I have a Simonich Nighthawk on order with KnifeArt (as well as waiting on a Talonite Carnivour and being low on the list for a Cetan from Rob).

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I have three:
A 5" CPB from Allen Blade and two from Bob Dozier: a Personal Utility and a General Purpose Hunter with red micarta scales.

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

Just Received:

Darrel Ralph Scorpion - 5" D-2 blade, anodized Ti frame, Carbon Fiber inset handles

Dave Ellis - Random Damascus drop-point hunter, blued carbon steel guard, amboina(spelling?) handle.

Coming:
Darrel Ralph: Gemini (custom balisong)
Stilleto

Ralph/Simonich; Talonite EDC

Simonich: 2 Bushidos (7" camp knife)

Don Fogg: Stag Hunter

Kit Carson: Stellite M18

Covers first 6 months of year.

Bill

• Allen Blade 10" Combat Patrol Bowie in 5160 with stabilized wood handles
    Matt Lamey recurve fighter in D2
    J. Loose damascus dagger with integral guard (1095/1020 ladder)
    Busse "Andy Prisco Ltd" Bolo
    Niel Blackwood small Tac/Utility in Stellite 6k
These are 5 of the 9 reasons I still go to work every day. (In case you're wondering, the other 4 reasons are food, shelter, beer, and fun).
smile.gif

Know what you mean as far as reasons for work Wulf. In my old age I have had to substitute dog food for beer.
biggrin.gif

I have three on order:

Wally Hayes sword (6 months down, 18 to go)
Geno Denning model C hunter
Jerry Hossom fighter.

Rich

Well Penquin, since you mentioned ones you just got, I guess I could do the same;

M. Takahashi stag handled beauty with very tapered tang,

View

and this fixed bladed WD Pease with Great Sheep horn scales, love sheep horn, Pease isn't making fixed blades any more so this is one of the last from him...

View

Good stuff!!!
G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 12-27-2000).]

Damn you for bringing this subject up! :>)

Ok, in no particular order:

Fighter bowie from Kevin Cashen with stag, nickel silver double guard and buttcap, 1084 blade.

big Sunrise fighter bowie from Matt Lamey with CPM3V blade, stainless fittings and presentation ironwood handle; also a small O1/L6 damascus bird and trout style knife with nickel single guard and stag.

Small 3V utility knife from Richard Rogers, flat ground thin with maroon micarta slabs. Good ole usin knife. If you havent seen anything from this guy, you are missin it!

A couple of bowies, a couple of damascus neck knives and a 5160 bladed, damascus guard and pommeled ironwood handled Viking broadsword from Big John Fitch.

small, Pease style dangler knife with 52100 blade, stainless bolsters and presentation grade ironwood slabs from Tim Hancock.

3V, ironwood fighter bowie and 420V swinger style knife from Bailey Bradshaw.

52100, nickel silver guard, ironwood coffin handle bowie from Roger Massey. Carry size, not big honkin this time.

carry size hunter bowie from Tim Potier with forged W2 blade, nickel silver single guard and ironwood handle.

Several of Corbet Sigman's utility hunters with the carbon steel blades, nickel guards and pins and tapered tangs.

2 small, guardless hunters from Wayne Hendrix with A2 blades and maroon micarta handles.

Big camp bowie from Darrel Ralph with 9" D2 blade, and maroon micarta slabs.

Not sure that covers them all, but I'm getting dizzy wondering how to pay for all these.

I almost forgot; someday, Larry Harley is supposed to finish my "Les Robertson Special". This will be a small using knife with 52100 blade, mokume bolsters and brown jig bone handles. Sorry Les.

Also on the list, but who knows when?

Jim Crowell, Jerry Fisk

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

[This message has been edited by Danbo (edited 12-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Danbo (edited 12-28-2000).]

Hey Danbo,

Do you like knives?
biggrin.gif

Impressive list... be so kind as to share a few pictures when they start arriving. I especially want to see that Fitch Broadsword!

No, what ever gave you the idea that I like knives? I LOVE knives! And especially the people involved in making the toys we love so much. My wife, who is not into knives in the least, noticed that immediately when I took her to a show to meet some of the makers. She said that knife people are unlike other people, in that everyone is nice and willing to help each other out with advice and such. Speaking of willingness to help and give advice, add RJ Martin to my list of sometime in the next year. I really dont know how he gets any knives made, with all the phone calls he gets, not only from me, but many others asking for advice. Never, has he told me he was too busy to talk and tried to get me off the phone quickly. Jerry Hossom is another guy like that, although I am not sure if I have something offically on order with him yet. I should probably call him. No, I am not fanatical, but where else can you meet people like this?

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Well said Dan, if it were not for the people I am not so sure I would still have the interest in knives that I do. I know for a fact that it would not be near as enjoyable.

My biggest problem now that I have gotten to know so many of them, it is impossible for me to afford all the knives that I want.

I can think of worse problems to have I guess.

So far, just one: Siberian Claw by Mike Snody. Maroon mircata scales, bead blast finish A2 blade and leather sheath. Can't wait!

Two knives from Chuck Stapel (a tanto and a kubikiri....can you believe it?)

A blade from Howard Clark

Just one. A mosaic damascus and pearl liner lock by Brian Tighe with engraving/carving by Jose De Braga. It's done but Jim Weyer is shooting it. I hear it's nice. I'll probably be one of the last people to see it, but I know it's worth waiting for.

Jeremy Reynolds...how could you???? Don't you have another knife on order, you bastid?!?!?!?! HINT HINT!!!

Its a 7" OAL 1/8" thick D2 neck knife with red jigged scales and kydex inverted carry sheath.
smile.gif
It will get done when my finger heals hopefully if the grizz doesnt bite me anymore

I grind and grind, but its still too short!

I've got 2 I'm waiting for. One is the Ralph bali song ordered through the forums. The other is a Hartsfield tai chi sword, due in June of 2002.
cool.gif

In general, unless there is some concept that I particularly must have translated into reality, I prefer buying a knife at a show already made, so I can see it and handle it. No matter how much you plan and discuss something with a maker, there is no guarentee that it will be exactly what you were looking for. Also, sometimes you don't know what you were really looking for until you see and handle it.

I've got a Kit Carson Large Model 4 /w 420 V blade due in October. Also have on order an Emerson CQC 6 and CQC 8 due in 2003
eek.gif
, but you all know how that goes
smile.gif

Back